You can type here any text you want

Braided stainless turbo oil feed line

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JST A 6

Shoulda kept the V8 in it
Has anybody used the braided stainless turbo oil feed line from gbodyparts? I received mine last week and opened it today and I'm thinking they can't be serious. What I got was a -3 AN braided stainless brake line (it even says it's a brake line in the packaging) and a couple of adapter fittings to make it work for the turbo. I held it up next to the stock feed line and noticed the inside diameter of the braided line is maybe half that of the stock line. I don't think I'm going to be trusting my turbo to it. I went ahead and ordered a -4 AN braided line and fittings from Summit. What are your thoughts on this? Is the -3 AN line sufficient to be used for this application?

My turbo oil feed line has a .060" restrictor orifice in it, after an inline filter. It's been in there for years now. I think if that's enough, then that hose without any restrictor should be OK. -3 means 3/16" (.188") ID. That's more than enough.

My turbo oil feed line has a .060" restrictor orifice in it, after an inline filter. It's been in there for years now. I think if that's enough, then that hose without any restrictor should be OK. -3 means 3/16" (.188") ID. That's more than enough.

Is that the stock setup? Mine has a 1/4" or 5/16" steel tube from the block up to the turbo with no visible filter or orifice in it, and I've always assumed that was stock since it was like that when I got the car. Based on that, I wasn't sure I'd be comfortable downsizing it as much as I would be with this aftermarket line...

The stock feed line is basically 3/16th brake line. No filters or rescrictors either, just a formed piece of pipe. Ive seen people use brake line in a pinch after a road failure. I bought my braided line from John's Performance a while back. Fit like a glove.

Just my .02.

Good luck finding a fitting. I looked for months! I finally had a line made.

Good luck finding a fitting. I looked for months! I finally had a line made.

What fitting are you referring to? The only problem I ran into was where the stock feed line threaded into the brass fitting on the block, which is a 1/4" female inverted flare. I needed to find a way to adapt it to a 1/8" NPT female fitting to attach my -4 AN adapter to (yes I ended up going with the -4 AN; as I stated earlier it has roughly the same ID as my old rigid metal line and I felt better about doing it this way than downsizing it to -3 AN.) Anyway, for that 1/4" female inverted flare to 1/8" NPT female conversion, in playing around with the fittings at the local auto parts store I discovered that if you take a 1/4" compression to 1/8" NPT adapter and toss out the compression nut and ferrule, you're left with a fitting that has the same exact threads as the inverted flare fitting on the old line so it threads right into the hole the old line came out of. Just to be safe I used thread tape on it, added my other fittings and -4 AN braided stainless hose, and drove the car around today and never found a leak from it or my new braided stainless oil cooler lines.

Filter

Don WG what inline filter are you using?

Back