Brake Advice

Anyone have advice on a rear disc conversion on a 1987 GN

Thanks
JB Pieler
Hi JB,

The main question here is, whats your budget? and most importantly are you capable of doing it yourself? The reason I ask these things is because there are several options available for rear disc brake conversions. If your looking for a "True Bolt on" system so you don't have to buy all kinds of parts from all over the place or fab stuff up then BAER brakes is your best route. If you want the cheaper cost there are always other factory parts from other cars that can be adapted.

Charlie, Thank you for the links, great info. Scot, full shop for fabrication, no problem. I would prefer to look at retrofit from another vehicle vs. paying top dollar for upgrade. This is a daily driver for my son and is giving him great experience. Last year we went thru the motor with him doing 95% of the work.

I did the rear camaro disc conversion on mine and it's very simple to do. You will need to take the axles out and do some fab work to retain the parking brake but it's pretty simple.;)

I also did the the 98-02 f-body rear brakes on my car. fairly easy swap,just pay attention to detail when lining everything up and drilling the holes for the backing plate.make sure your pads will get full sweep on the rotors.