You can type here any text you want

Brake light on dash ruining my first day

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

Car could have been out and running today for the first time, but the Brake light decided to pop up.

Couple weeks back I patiently and carefully gravity bled the brakes, hoping that I'd have a better pedal feel this year. The car was still disassembled at that point so when I was done I couldn't start the engine to check the pedal feel.

Today I finally flicked the key, heard the powermaster motor and was satisfied when it kicked off in about 12 seconds, thought everything would be good. Thought the Brake light would go off once I started the car but it remained on and the pedal goes to the floor fairly easily.

I noticed the fluid got pretty low once the accumulator pumped up, but don't think there's any fluid level mechanism on these cars to trigger the light.

I know Brake light on and pedal to the floor would generally be a shot accumulator but it would be a coincidence if all that happened while the car was stored for winter and I bled the brakes.

Backed out of the driveway and the light finally went off. Stayed off while I drove around but the brakes are as mushy as ever.

Backed out of the driveway and the light finally went off. Stayed off while I drove around but the brakes are as mushy as ever.

Be careful once they go out it's like pushing on a cinder block the only thing to do is push on the Ebrake not "hard" lol I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner on mine and problem fixed. :eek:

Be careful once they go out it's like pushing on a cinder block the only thing to do is push on the Ebrake not "hard" lol I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner on mine and problem fixed. :eek:

Yeah I made sure to practice locating the e-brake with my left foot before I went for a drive. Where are you talking about using the cleaner?

Back