You can type here any text you want

brake light on!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tonys87

took the car out today and got on it a few times... after a long drive i notice that the brake light had came on.. after a minute or so the brakes were super hard and barely stoped the car. where should i start?? man im lucky that didnt happened while i was getting on her:eek:

well i found the fuse to be blown, replaced and blown as soon as i turned the key over.. whats next??

Time to covert to hydroboost or a Vac system. Your motor is overloading the fuse.

:):)just changed the fuse again and its all good now.. temperarly! the motor ran for a longer time before shuting down. is that cause the motor is bad or do i need a new accumulator ball. going vacuum is really not a option for me. so i wanna get the problem solved. any help is appreciated:)

Once the motor starts building resistance in it you either need a new one or do the conversion. This is what's causing the fuse to pop. Good luck.

I'm not againts (SP) a vacuum conversion if everything is stock. If you've modified the the engine for more power you'll have issues with the vacuum signal so the brakes won't work as well. the hydroboost is a little more but it works better than the powerbastard or the vacuum set up. Keith litterally wrote the thread on doing the hydroboost conversion and you need to look at the link he posted. He posted everything so you'll know what you need and any issues you may have.

OR if you service the powermaster as required it will last a lifetime and work great. There is a reason GM stopped using the hydro on these cars...a reason the vacume brakes were not used like standard regal.... and a reason they switched to the pm...
Have you changed your brake fluid every 12k or 2 yrs as required? keep in mind 95 % of the cycled fluid stays in the pm so that fluid is destroyed.

OR if you service the powermaster as required it will last a lifetime and work great. There is a reason GM stopped using the hydro on these cars...a reason the vacume brakes were not used like standard regal.... and a reason they switched to the pm...
Have you changed your brake fluid every 12k or 2 yrs as required? keep in mind 95 % of the cycled fluid stays in the pm so that fluid is destroyed.

....AND there's a reason GM only used the PM for 2-1/2 production years on ANY vehicle, and then went back to vac and hydroboost on the current vehicles.......you are right about changing the PM fluid....it will extend the life of the PM.....for a while.

Hydroboost conversion

The fuses blow, because when the 12v motor wears out, the brake fluid leaks into the windings of the motor, and shorts it out. That motor pump is THE no. 1 problem on this forum. New ones are difficult to find, and then the accumulator or switch takes a dump. it keeps going around. The Hydroboost will out stop any other system, and can out last the car. The 83-85 T-Types came WITH a Hydroboost, and no one ever complains about them. 27 years later! The NEW ones work even better. Bendix made the Hydroboost originally, and Bosch bought Bendix in 1995. Bosch has been producing them ever since, but only for the automakers, and a couple other outside distributors, such as Power Brake Servce.

i think that if i dont fix the powermaster i rather go hydro then vacuum.. ill ask scott what he can do for me.

Back