Brake light Question

T-Type Mike

Hey guys, I just put in new taillight bulbs, yes they are the correct bulbs!! But for some reason I only have my 3rd brake light coming on. Before I changed them I only had my right side and 3rd working... I have changed the bulbs twice since, and now this??? Any Ideas? Thanks, Mike

I forgot to mention that the tailights work, Only when I hit the brakes is when they dont, Sorry for any confusion!!

Might be time to break out a quality multimeter. Check power at the bulb socket with brake depressed. You could also check continuity between brake light sockets to see if any wires are damaged.

something similar happened to me, when i pressed the brakes all the tailights went out. turned out to be a loose connector under the dash. definatly use the multi meter. start at the sockets and work your back.

Here's a hint you can write down

Whenever really screwy stuff starts happening, check your grounds. ;)

I'd have a look at the switch at the top of the pedal to Mike. If you have cruise, they'll be two grey and/or black switches up there...try adjusting the brake switch, back towards the seat a few turns and see if that doesn't sort things out.
HTH
Jim
PS: Friday was packed with GN's...are you coming out next?

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I will dig into it this afternoon!!

Jim, Good to hear from ya! I hope to be able to get out there on Friday. We will have to see. I will keep fingers crossed!!! Looking forward to shooting the **** with ya! Cheers!