You can type here any text you want

brake light

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MN250R

Well i took my car out today and after driving it for like 15 -20 minutes the brake light came on for like 2 minutes then went off. came back on 5 mintues later then went off again. Brakes felt fine. The car only got like 50 miles on it the last 3 years. :( Hopefully i can get it out more now. I replaced the accumulator ball like 6 years ago, and the power brake system
Any ideas what would cause that? low fluid? bad acc ball?
Any place to get brake parts cheap on the internet for our cars?

Thanks!

The only 2 things that will turn on your brake warning light are the parking brake and low pressure in the Powermaster.

My best guess (only a guess because you didn't give any diagnostic answers) is the Acc ball. It really depends on a multitude of things...mileage, previous work having been done, etc. Powermasters don't like to sit. They like to be used. If your fluid is black or you can't see through it, you need to flush it and get some new fluid in there. you ahve to keep good fluid in them or they will give you problems. I try to flush mine once a year if I can (and it's in need again!)

Best solution, diagnose the problem and then you will have a good solution. Read here for starters: http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/brakes/brakespage.html

Cheap parts for the PM? Good luck. They can be found, but have the $$$ ready.

HTH

Hydroboost Conversions

The Motor/ Pumps Have Been Giving Problems For A Long Time. We Convert The Whole Powermaster System Over To Hydroboost, And No More Problems

Back