Brake light

jpmustblaze

My brake light in the dash won't shut off. The brake line that runs under the car on the drivers side has been replaced do to a leak and the brake light still won't shut off. It has been flushed with clean fluid and properly bled. Do I need to unplug the battery and reset or is there something else needed to be done? I have the vacuum conversion done. Light came on when brake line leaked, but now will not shut off. Thanks for your help guys.

My brake light in the dash won't shut off. The brake line that runs under the car on the drivers side has been replaced do to a leak and the brake light still won't shut off. It has been flushed with clean fluid and properly bled. Do I need to unplug the battery and reset or is there something else needed to be done? I have the vacuum conversion done. Light came on when brake line leaked, but now will not shut off. Thanks for your help guys.

theres only three things that can cause this that i can think of...no,resetting the battery wont do you any good.

1)air still in brake system (most common is junction box(combination valve?) mounted on frame under master cyl)

2)low fluid level

3) emergency brake pedal engaged

HTH>>>>

theres only three things that can cause this that i can think of...no,resetting the battery wont do you any good.

1)air still in brake system (most common is junction box(combination valve?) mounted on frame under master cyl)

2)low fluid level

3) emergency brake pedal engaged

HTH>>>>

X2, did you vacuum bleed the brakes? if you did the 2-3 person pump method, did you compress the plunger on the combo valve on the frame while you bled them?

If the accumulator is bad- its not letting enough pressure build up if you have a powermaster brake. if the accumulator is the original change it. by someone who knows what they are doing or someone could get very hurt.

Unplug the elec connector from the proportioning valve on the frame...see if the light goes out...I had that happen...I think the valve was sticking so I replaced the old cast iron one with a newer brass one...no more light...

Brakes

Thanks guys for your help, the brake light went out on its own the following day. I didn't do anything, but will keep all the tips in mind next time around.