You can type here any text you want

Brake Lines- Please Help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Agent86

"Would You Believe..."
My brake line which go to the master cylinder are really in bad shape. Rusty and the threads are crossed going to the Master cylinder. I need a new set of brake lines, and was wondering who makes them or if I can get them used but in good shape anywhere.

What size are these lines? Also, I am curious why they are coiled going up to the master cylinder???

Please help or let me know if you can- Thank You kindly in advance!

Brake lines

Give Jack Cotton a call he will have what you need. He had some used ones in good shape for 40.00pr. From Master-PM to proportional valve on driver's side frame rail.

Same Problem

My brake line which go to the master cylinder are really in bad shape. Rusty and the threads are crossed going to the Master cylinder. I need a new set of brake lines, and was wondering who makes them or if I can get them used but in good shape anywhere.

What size are these lines? Also, I am curious why they are coiled going up to the master cylinder???

Please help or let me know if you can- Thank You kindly in advance!

We are encountering the same problem right now with my lines. We had to cut mine behind the rear cross member where they make the 90 and connect. Also, at the proportional on the frame the threads were so rusted the line had to be cut. How much of the system are you trying to replace? We are working on a couple of solutions depending on how much we decide has to go.

Classic tube makes them.

716-759-1800

Check Cotton first, I think he is a distributor for them

HTH

Just ask on the board in the wanted section, someone will have them used for you.

Coiled Lines

I dont sell those lines, but I could make them with samples. The reason they are coiled is to allow body to frame movement. On trucks they used a rubber hose for that movement. The coils allow for the shaking and flexing between body and frame.

get new lines from G-Body Parts

G-Body Parts (www.gbodyparts.com) has brand new stainless lines. I have a set on my GN and they fit perfectly. I believe they were about $60.00.

HTH :cool:

Back