You can type here any text you want

Brake Pads. EBC or Willwood?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Joey, your car is stunning. What a beauty :cool:

As for the long pedal there is another item to check. That is to measure how far the MC piston moves before it covers the rear compensation port. This port is in the bottom of the reservoir with a small plastic cover over it. Until the piston moves forward enough to cover the port there is no pressure being created.

It shouldn't move more then about 1/16" before this occurs. With the MC lid off can see the brake fluid exit this port into the reservoir until the port is covered by the piston seal.

To correct the distance use a washer/shim between the rear of the piston and retaining snap ring. Then adjust the pedal push rod out for about 1/32" clearance between it and the piston.

Note that the Wilwood MC's have the plastic cover over the port to prevent the fluid from shooting straight up out of the reservoir. Not so with stock MC's, they will squirt the fluid upward. And if the pedal is depressed quickly will (un)paint the underside of the hood (so don't do that).

RemoveBeforeFlight
I finally bled the new calipers yesterday. And guess what? They seemed to work successfully at taking a lot of slack out of the brake pedal travel. I have not driven the car yet and wont for a few more weeks. But I can tell you now, that I definitely get brake engagement with much less distance on the pedal. I'm very optimistic! I may still take another 1/4 inch of travel out by adjusting the push-rod length longer and providing a return stop. Not sure yet. But this is a big improvement!!!!!

Back