You can type here any text you want

Brake pipe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackbird

skunk works
Freakin brake pipe broke in the rear!!!! couldnt be a hose:( Do I have to make it or can I buy one??

i dont know if you can buy just a single line . i know you can buy the 7pc set. i just bent my own rear axle lines in 1/2 hour, then blead all 4 corners with new fluid.

what line do you need? if you need the main line the one that goes from the single in into the T block have it. post a pic of what you need and i will see if i have it and if i dont im sure i can get one.

The long feed line isn't easy to make without some long steel tube stock and a good flare tool.

The other two steel rear lines can be made from pre-formed pipe available from most parts stores in standard lengths that I don't remember offhand.

Just take whats left of your line and measure all the straight lenths on it and add a couple of inches for the bends and you should be able to pick up a pre-made length of tube to bend in there.

However it won't have the springs in it or a factory look and all the bends in it unless you are real good at bending up tubing.

I made a couple for the WE4 winter driver and kept more clearance from the axle tube so salt and dirt aren't trapped in there like in the past.

I also bought a complete kit in stainless from Classic Tube that I will use on the 3 season GN to swap out the stock stuff and still look (bendwise) stock/original on that car.

I did use the long Classic Tube feed line in stainless on the driver however. :smile:

thanks for the help fellas, the pipe i need is the one for the left rear tire, its the real long one. Ill see if i can get a pic of it.

thanks for the help fellas, the pipe i need is the one for the left rear tire, its the real long one. Ill see if i can get a pic of it.

is it the one that goes from the T block to the wheel cylinder. if it is i might be able to get the one of my old rearend.

The long feed line isn't easy to make without some long steel tube stock and a good flare tool.

The other two steel rear lines can be made from pre-formed pipe available from most parts stores in standard lengths that I don't remember offhand.

Just take whats left of your line and measure all the straight lenths on it and add a couple of inches for the bends and you should be able to pick up a pre-made length of tube to bend in there.

However it won't have the springs in it or a factory look and all the bends in it unless you are real good at bending up tubing.

I made a couple for the WE4 winter driver and kept more clearance from the axle tube so salt and dirt aren't trapped in there like in the past.

I also bought a complete kit in stainless from Classic Tube that I will use on the 3 season GN to swap out the stock stuff and still look (bendwise) stock/original on that car.

I did use the long Classic Tube feed line in stainless on the driver however. :smile:

Thanks for the advertisement :). Is the kit they sell a COMPLETE KIT.... IE.. from power powermaster to all 4 corners?

Sorry, I havent replied for a while (been out at sea) The pipe is the really long one that goes from the front to the rear on the left side of the frame. If you have a manual its on 5-14 figure 19 brake pipes and park brake cables g carline and its #5. Man...I'm thinking of JBwelding it just till I get back from this next cruise.

Back