You can type here any text you want

brake problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sonseeker

I recently took my GN to get a LOF.The tech said that the brake fluid was low and a few other fluids needed topping off.Since then in had brakeing situations brake pedal is extremly had then brakes get softer and start stopping the car.The brake light comes on for a breif second and then goes off.Any ideas?As the hard brake is an erie feeling for that breif second!!!

Brake fluid

Did he top off the brake fluid? My buddy has a T-Type and he has a sign on his PM do not touch. Most these guys will just pull the lid off and add fluid a no no. .Mine will look a tad low until you pump the brakes according to procedure. Hopefully he read the lid.

If it's the powermaster unit on the car, sounds like your accumulator is going bad.

Yes he topped off all the fluids,windsheild washer,power steering etc.This was at a GM dealership by the way!

Yes.It acted up on the first aggressive stop.Where are the best deal on the parts to repair. And does anyone know of a tech around the Flint mi area to do the install?

Depressurize

Sounds like he may not have de -pressurized system(accum ball)by pumping the brakes at least 10x's with ignition off and topped her off because it looked low, which would be an overfill. Try bleeding brakes. Usually don't let em mess with brakes unless I let them know about PM idiosyncricies.

Sounds like he may not have de -pressurized system(accum ball)by pumping the brakes at least 10x's with ignition off and topped her off because it looked low, which would be an overfill. Try bleeding brakes. Usually don't let em mess with brakes unless I let them know about PM idiosyncricies.

sonseeker,
The above would me my guess as well. Most tech's these days don't have a clue about the PowerMaster. It is an animal all it's own. I have been in contact with a few TR owners now that have had un-knowledgeable brake techs mess up good PowerMasters.

If I were you, I would cycle the acc a few times and check for air.
See the link in my sig for proper procedures on cycling.
Get the fluid levels correct. You may be Ok and just needing adjustments.

ChavoLC2,
Where did your friend get the do not touch sign?
Do you have a pic of it?

What kind of issues would arise from an overfill? Would that trigger the brake light to come on.

Late response...

An overfill should do nothing more than spew brake fluid all over you engine compartment if the acc ever depressurized for some reason.

The light in your dash would come on from low pressure, not from the over useage of brake fluid.

If it's the powermaster unit on the car, sounds like your accumulator is going bad.

My accumulator went bad when the brake light was on in the dash, then brake switch went bad, I had enough and converted to vacuum brakes.

Back