brake problems

gtojoe

hey guys ,iam a newbie and just picked up an 87 gn with some brake problems.. the guy just put in a new ( or another ) factory master cylinder and the car has a rear end out of a non turbo car.. the problem is when i apply the brakes the rear tires lock up.. are the rear brakes different in any way .. it also doesnt appear that the proportioning valve is hooked up wrong .. i would appreciate any help ..thanks joe

maybe wheel cylinders r leaking causing the brakes to lock up. does this occur in rain or dry...or both?

it does it all the time ... the rear cyl. look dry i was wondering if the cyl where different or maybe the powermaster is at fault..thanks joe

maybe it was off a manual brakes car, miss installed shoes(small shoe in front, big shoe in back), adjustment too tight? dont know too much about the brakes on these cars:rolleyes: just throwing some ideas out!

just saw the master cylinder was new or replaced. did u ask the owner before u if it had the problem prior to the replacement of the powermaster unit?

didnt ask about the condition before and i will check the shoes ..didnt think of that thanks