You can type here any text you want

Brakes are a little stiff

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
Yesterday I took her around the block for the first time this year. Pedal was rather hard and car was tough to stop, hard pedal but plenty of vacuum (vac brake conversion on my car). Booster was holding vacuum when I pulled the check valve out. Tonight I cleaned both rotors, sanded the pads with some 60 grit sandpaper to get rid of the glaze and sanded the rotors with some 220 just to give them a little texture. Put some anti-sieze on the areas where the inner pad should slide. Cleaned up with brake klean and reassembled. Went back and forth in the driveway braking at either end as hard as I could. Then I went around the block again and they felt a little better. Could the pucks have been stuck from just sitting? I know these are the quick take up type calipers. Maybe they just need to be used. I probably need to readjust the rears to get the pedal more responsive. Any tips?

Did you replace the check valve? My vacuum brakes were doing all kinds of odd things until I replaced that check valve. Then all problems went away.

Getting better all the time, alot more responsive with a few more trips around the neighborhood. Not as good as my daily drivers though.

Back