You can type here any text you want

Brakes are soft, clunking and clicking sounds

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You are welcome to do it here. Lift will really help with those bushings.

Oh man that would be great. I think you mentioned you did GNX bushings? Would you recommend doing those for the front?

The ride isn't super harsh? I've heard real bad things about urethane bushings. I don't mind a rather rough ride just don't want squeaks and rattles.

The ride isn't super harsh? I've heard real bad things about urethane bushings. I don't mind a rather rough ride just don't want squeaks and rattles.

Then go ahead with the rubber repro's from Kirban.
I did & have absolutely no regrets.

The only time you will hear squeaks and rattles from a Polyurethane bushing is when you use them on control arms. Think about how the control arms move and rotate.

The Polyurethane bushings soften the frame to body contact. Heavier spring/shock combo will create more rattles than polyurethane body bushings ever will.

I have all poly in the rear then a mix under the doors and all rubber off front. Why? Because I did not have a full kit and was bored on night. Cars been like that for 2 years. Also have tubular uppers with a custom alignment specs and the 2 piece aluminum lower control arm bushings. No squeaks and rattles here. Xavier you have been in my car a couple of times.

I am doing one here now with all poly bushings and rubber on the control arms and a factory delco shock. As well as poly on the rear control arms from HR.

I have all poly in the rear then a mix under the doors and all rubber off front. Why? Because I did not have a full kit and was bored on night. Cars been like that for 2 years. Also have tubular uppers with a custom alignment specs and the 2 piece aluminum lower control arm bushings. No squeaks and rattles here. Xavier you have been in my car a couple of times.

I am doing one here now with all poly bushings and rubber on the control arms and a factory delco shock. As well as poly on the rear control arms from HR.

Yea your car rides like a dream! Gonna go ahead and go with the poly kit listed on the jegs link above. Will I still need the extras from Kirban to get to GNX spec?

I don't think so. I acquired a kit that was missing pieces as horse trade for labor years ago. That's why my car does not have the full set. Oh and I broke on bolt under the pass door #4? only way to get it is to drill it(frame off someday) or cut open from inside. can't tell the difference so I am not worried about 1 bolt.

Forgot to mention the non greaseable polyurethane bushings in control arms will squeak.

Last edited:
Might have made a step toward fixing the awful clunking sound! The sound has been very very bad the last few weeks. I've found it mostly only happens when Im turning right and when Im turning down or up inclines such as a driveway etc. Remember, this started when I reattached my swaybar. I figured before I threw in the towel and take the car back to Steve's I would get under and double check the sway bar links and bushings. I found that my end links are installed upside down. Whoops, my bad. Still doesn't look like something that would cause any sort of popping. Finally I decided to take a peak up inside the coils to where my shock meets the upper control arm. I could barely see let alone take a picture but I can tell that the bushing is completely toast. Looked at the topside and can see that that one is cracked badly but the one on the bottom looks absolutely shredded. Could this cause the horrid popping noise? I'm going to replace those and if the problem persists it will be time to put in those body bushings I've had sitting for months.

Could be, replace them and let us know. Since it happened after sway bar reattachement....did you ever think it is upside down and hitting the frame during those movements or off to one side.

Could be, replace them and let us know. Since it happened after sway bar reattachement....did you ever think it is upside down and hitting the frame during those movements or off to one side.
If it is doing it it's only under certain circumstances. Because when I crawl under its not touching anything. Plus I can't find any wear marks close to it. I took the links out and am putting new moog ones in correctly today. Gonna contact bilstein about new bushings tmw.

Back