You can type here any text you want

Brakes Powermaster Vacuum conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bad2bone

badtobonebuick.com
Looking for assistance regarding above subject. I once had a 4 page instruction plan for converting from the powermaster to vacuum and now cannot locate it. If anyone has a similar composed instruction outline please let me know. I have purchased a vacuum block part from Kirban Performance but do not know what all I need to fully convert.

its pretty easy . get a kit from red regal here on the boards. take out the drivers seat so you can change out the brake pedal. 2 foot of rubber hose from the booster to your kirban block & your done. did mine in 3/4 hrs,works great,screw that powermaster!:mad:

its pretty easy . get a kit from red regal here on the boards. take out the drivers seat so you can change out the brake pedal. 2 foot of rubber hose from the booster to your kirban block & your done. did mine in 3/4 hrs,works great,screw that powermaster!:mad:

+1 Agreed

Powermasters are for cars that need to remain completely stock for show purposes, etc. Get rid of it... :mad:
I've owned 3 TRs and 2 of them have had the vacuum conversion. I bought both kits from REDREGALT and never a disappointment. The kits are good used parts with directions on how to install. Hardest part is the pedal. It also gives you an excuse to bleed the whole with brand new fluid. Convert and don't look back.

Once you have the vacuum conversion kit it's fairly simple to do, everything is bolt-on. The hardest part is reaching up under the dash to get at the mounting bolt for the brake pedal, and thats not so bad if you take out the drivers seat for more room if needed. I did not take out my drivers seat tho. I managed to squeeze in there and reach up.

Back