You can type here any text you want

Brakes won't release after pad and disk change

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wildcard

Gbody Finatic
Just put new rotors and pads on my car. Drove the car a few blocks and noticed some resistance and smoke from the wheels. Took everything back apart and reassembled and still get the same thing. What would cause this? This does have vacuum brake master cylinder and the master cylinder itself isn't that old. Anyone have any ideas?

Check the rubber brake hoses. Over time they can collapse inside and act like a one-way check valve, letting brake fluid in but not back out. Ive seen it a few times, especially on older hoses.

I got the braided set and they seem to work good.

Check the rubber brake hoses. Over time they can collapse inside and act like a one-way check valve, letting brake fluid in but not back out. Ive seen it a few times, especially on older hoses.

X2

I've seen this b4 as well.

Were the calipers tight to push back in? I have seen some bind up and not retract after being pushed back in after a brake job witch will cause your problem.

Try to push the piston back in the bleeder closed then with it open

If the pistons go back easy with the bleeder open and are tight with it closed then its the hose

If they are tight going back both ways then its the calipers.

Good luck.

Hoses can be a problem as well as sticky hardware.

Does the master cylinder have too much Brake fluid ? Make sure the fluid level is not above max.
Now that you pushed the calipers back in and installed new pads, it displaced the fluid in the calipers back into the master. An over full master can keep the the brakes applied especially when the fuid warms up.

HTH, Paul

Back