Brakes

Tommyg

I had to get on the hooks for the first time since I bought the car and almost hit the #$#%%$# in front of me. While the car stops good under normal conditions,when stopping hard I got a spongy feeling and not much stopping power. What gives?

Get a set of Russell AN brake lines, and flush the system out thoughly. Then look at the rotor thickness, pads, shoes and replace as necessary. With age and use brake components degrade.

And reguardless what your driving every once in a while make a 9 point hard stop to verify the brakes are alive and well.

Originally posted by bruce

And reguardless what your driving every once in a while make a 9 point hard stop to verify the brakes are alive and well.

Bruce, this is good advice. About 6 months ago, I had a little street race with a turbo porsche and when I had to stop for a light, I had to stand on my brakes. I think I had one wheel lock up and that was it. It was all I could do to get stopped, in a cloud of white smoke. Needless to say, I did what was necessary to correct the problem. But before it happened, I had no idea I had a problem. :eek: