You can type here any text you want

Brakes....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

macatoni

Buick Powered
Ive done a couple searches but cant seem to find GM part numbers for the brakes. I wanted to do rotors pads and bearings on all four corners. Anyone have the part numbers close by?

No offense, but you want GM pads? There are much better ones out there and probably for less money. Rotors may be a different story unless you go to a performance rotor.

Well i guess i wanted a place to buy them cheap. I dont have the biggest budget and thought GM parts would be the least expensive...

Originally posted by macatoni [/i]
Ive done a couple searches but cant seem to find GM part numbers for the brakes. I wanted to do rotors pads and bearings on all four corners. Anyone have the part numbers close by?

macatoni,

If you want the stock rotors call this # 877-448-5451. It's
Dal Slabaugh at Van Devere Olds in Akron, OH. There prices are 40 to 50% off retail. The full set of rotors will be around $220.0. You can get the carbon fiber performance plus pads at several different auto parts stores, I understand they are very reasonable. You don't want the stock pads, trust me. The fronts are around $230 and the rears are around $150. YIKES! You can get the calipers at Auto Zone, the rears are more expensive than the fronts and it's a trade in deal. If my memory serves me, the rears are about $75 ea. and the fronts are around half that.

You can get good quality pads at Autozone or Pep Boys for $40 and under. Some of them even have a lifetime warranty. Performance Friction was a brand many of us have used. Now there are newer, low-dust pads.

The opinion on rotors is split. One opinion says the lower cost at Autozone justifies replacing them more often. Another says the cost of the higher quality ones is justified by braking performance and durability.

I don't know anyone who actually tested and compared the metal in stock vs. performance vs. Autozone type rotors.

Front rotors = Rabestos 5994
Front pads = Raybestos PGD412M

Rears are the same as any Trans Am

brake parts

Hi,
I would steer clear of Autozone if possible. Not that other volume distributors have that much better stuff, all Chinese these days.Spend the extra money and go with Raybestos or such.If you specify such at the local parts house, they usually have them in stock. Support the American auto parts industry, or be prepared to face the consequences! What a world, huh?

> Support the American auto parts industry

No offense, but are you kidding or what? Raybestos was across the river from me. It became one of the largest EPA cleanup projects in history. The company moved, sold out, defaulted on the pension and 401K funds. Most workers lost their pension and more. And oh-by-the-way, many of the workers died from the chemicals and now many neighbors are dying from contaminated land throughout 2 towns. The land was sold and became a big shopping center. Funny... none of the workers or dead neighbors got any of that money.

Raybestos - American company????? All their stuff is made overseas and only the profit comes here.

I have never worked for Raybestos or Autozone, but there are very few things that are truly American built anymore.

Besides, Autozone, Pep Boy, Advanced-Auto sells "brand name american parts" by your definition. They have performance friction, raybestos, etc.

Again, no offense.......

Originally posted by Lunkan
Front rotors = Rabestos 5994
Front pads = Raybestos PGD412M

Rears are the same as any Trans Am

Please go into more detail on how they're the same as any Trans Am. What years and are our rear rotors the same as their fronts?

My rear rotors are warped and I would like to get a nice slotted rotor or something that will last and perform well. Is there any specific companies anyone hasn't had nay problems with or anything?

Do some web searching on stuff like Powerslot rotors. I'll let the list decide if they are worth it. I heard the cross-drilled ones crack when used for street use.

CarMotorsports has a brake package but it's big$...sounds like way more than you want to spend.

Here's what I got from a few different places.

88-92 PONTIAC FIREBIRD W/ R. Discs W/ 1Le Perf. Package
(front) Slotted $191.52/pair
(rear) Slotted $151.62/pair

88-92 PONTIAC FIREBIRD W/ R. Discs W/ 1Le Perf. Package
(front) Diamond Slotted $216.71/pair
(rear) Diamond Slotted $176.36/pair

For ordering, or for more information, you can reach me directly at:
800-733-8380.

1988-1992 FIREBIRD, W/ PERFORMANCE PACKAGE & TURBO 9003 PSL & 9003 PSR

Autopartswarehouse.com $91.14

Originally posted by 72firebird
Please go into more detail on how they're the same as any Trans Am. What years and are our rear rotors the same as their fronts?

Sorry for delay in answering. 89-92 F-body´s had 10.5" front rotors and 11.7" rear rotors, where the TTA has 12" front / 11.7" rear. So, the rear rotors/pads are just the same as the rears from any 89-92 F-body.

Last but not least can anyone throw out the part numbers for the bearings both inner and outer with the seals as well. If im gonna do it im gonna do it right the first time....
Thanks for all the responses,

David

Back