You can type here any text you want

breaking up under boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks. For the time being, I'm just going to swap in some UR5 plugs I have. They were put into my car directly out of the box last time. I just checked these out of the box and the gap ranged from 0.033 to 0.038. This may be the issue. I gapped these down to 0.027-0.028, so we'll see.

NGK YR5 plug also has part number 7052 for the plugs in my car. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but there is only 1 YR5 plug right?

There really is no secret in plugs, as long as the heat range is correct. I usually gap .028, maybe tighter for e85 and higher power.

I've been following this thread because my car just started doing this yesterday . I was running NGK UR6 plugs . I decided to change them out for Autolite AR133's as per Nick Micale . I don't know if it was the plugs or the fact that #1 plug was not even finger tight !!! Has anyone had a plug loosen up ?? All better now , thanks guys . Sam

AR 133s are no good if your running stock ECM / power logger. They are non resistor core plugs and can cause interference. I had a thread titled Powerlogger won't work in my car that was like 6 pages long. Short story was the non-resistor core plugs were causing interference and basically causing my ECM to reboot

Thanks for the heads up . I saw that they were non resistor plugs and thought my radio might have static but not ECM problems . I wonder why Nick suggested these if that is a problem , unless he was referring to FAST XFI systems . I didn't talk to him directly it was from a search of posts .

Back