brf issues

"More Boost"

Major Member
I had my brf trans. rebuilt locally. Had alot of upgraded hard parts in it including a billet servo's with a .500 boost valve. my problem is a low to moderate throttle it shift's real hard just like I wanted, but at wot it shifts smooth. I would like some outside info on this from some trans. guru's. I was told it sounds like flare up? Im not a trans guy. I dont want to burn this one up.

likely needs a better shift kit. Prepackaged kits don’t allow enough pump pressure to deal with a modded car at WOT. You could pull the valve body and do a couple tricks to help or you can buy a kit from a vendor and get their separator plate pre drilled to your needs and their shift kit mods to match. Got a pressure gauge? Wot pump pressure is probably low. Feed hole sizing, accumulator setup and pump PR valve setup all play a part in it as well.

Are you using a stock filter? Could be "sucking air".

But most likely the place didn't set the unit up "tight enough". So at lower rpm the higher pressure can execute the shifts pretty quickly, but with high rpm the clutch can't grab quickly and provide a snappy shift.
Has this local builder done 2004r successfully In the past?