Broke my fuel line

that kit includes two lines.. to and from the filter . the rearline is behind the frame and back seat and ends at edge of frame over axle , the one for the rear requires raising the body to change out
the other long tube is the tube to the front that you broke
the front requires removing some clamps along the frame (shared by the rear steel brake line) with the one at top of frame by the cowl being the hard one usually because the body bushings have sagged and the fact that thats where the fuel and brake lines usually rust out
the front line goes from filter inside the the frame rail then into frame by front spring and comes out at front of frame , thats where it stops and then connects to the engine feed line

Last edited:
OK ordered the line off amazon, will let you guys know how it turns out wish me luck lol

mangling the ends at the fuel line happens a lot
in a pinch on the cheap this line from dorman (rb800153) and a 3/8" compression coupling or use a short piece of fuel injection rubber line and 4 clamps will get it done
if using a hose to couple (which is fine because thats how it is over the axle ) ..after you cut the oe line double flare the end so the hose cant slide off

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...n&003=29204732&CS_010=apw1984burefuliRB800153

those ends at filter are saginaw (m16 x1.5) and require an oring to seal , dont forget the oring
if doing braided line use a correct saginaw to AN adapter to the filter ( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-991955erl/overview/ ) and then AN fittings from there , and you can use same adapter to either run to the rail or to connect to the engine fuel line in front of frame

Last edited:
The fpr threads ARE not NPT. Jamming that fitting into them, and relying on the tape to perfect the seal, is dangerous.
AN braided on that "repair line" necessitates using hose clamps??
Good luck w/ that repair. Hope you have a fire extinguisher on board.
Yup

Attachments

• IMAG0804.jpg
    IMAG0804.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 79
Btdtx3. I make my own lines and use the help fittings all the time. Never had a failure. When available I use the premade too but there generally not available for most applications.

Ok lines came in yesterday so looks like a weekend project, took a look under the car last night looks like the fuel line goes thru the frame somewhere by the driver side front tire then connects to a rubber hose, is this correct? any tips on trying to fish this prebent line thru all of this stuff?

Ok fuel feed line goes from front of filter, runs down frame rail and then goes into the frame and comes out the front and connects to a 3/4'' brass fitting with a rubber hose connected to it. Took off driver side front tire to help see where things go.

After lots of PB blaster have the mounts and everything removed - Now I am going to tie a piece of speaker wire to the front of the old fuel line and try to remove it by pulling it thru, then i'm going to tie the wire to the front of the new line and see if that helps with fishing it back through. Need to go to auto parts store and get new O rings from the fittings.

No tape or pipe dope on flared nut fittings. ;)

Neverseize works however so it doesn't twist off again ever..... :cool:

Neverseize on the outside pipe tube itself so the nut doesn't rust/corrode to it. :)

old one out, trying to get new one in, driver side wheel off but i keeps getting stuck inside the frame and at the mid cross member and binding up, any tips to fish this thru? I have a wire tied to the front of it to help guide but doesn't seem to be helping much.:(

ok finally got it thru however it looks bent and not facing the correct way and bound up as hell...thinking about getting a tubing bender and trying to make it work?