You can type here any text you want

Bronze lifters bores ? yes or no?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Bronze lifter bore? good or bad idea on a street car. Due to the fact the oil hole gets uncovered over 550 lift, i can either go bronze lifter bores or make the cam smaller? Any suggestions?

lift this!!

Hey, Norb, why not buy the lifters w/ the shielded feet on them, and use the cam you have.

Bronze sleeves can hang up, and create problems.. We had that happen on the last dyno pulls on the engine for the COBRA..:eek:

I have them, but they uncover over 550 lift, cam is about 580 either cut the cam or sleeve the block?

I noticed you ordered your cam before you checked out various tolerences..........did you check to see if the cam will even go in the block with your mega lift 3.8 cam?lol.

I have run bronze lifter bores in both my stock block and stage 1 motors. If they are done correctly the bushings will relocate the lifters to the correct positions. On my stock engine we had a lifter bore that was off by .025". (I wonder if is the cause of some of the cam failures).
Jeff

Cam fits in the block, and ye sit has the small base circle, its just barely un covers the hole. Nothing i can to fix it other than bronzing the bores.

Jeff what sizr hole did you drill in the bronze sleeve for oiling?

Originally posted by norbs
Jeff what sizr hole did you drill in the bronze sleeve for oiling?

I used a .125" drill. I recently saw on a Kenny D. prepared stage 2 the lifter bores had been drilled to at least .200" I think the Power Source book calls out for a .125" hole. You might think about making up some sort of guide to locate all the holes in the same position. By using a guide, it would make any future replacement of bushings easier with regard to the oil feed hole location.
Jeff

Back