You can type here any text you want

Brooklyn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
there is a group mostly queens and LI and some brooklyn, Turbo Buick Queens Chapter, probably 20 plus TR's but only about 5 of us really hang out

Oh really, where at i mean i have a crew of friends i hang out with as well but iam the only one with a national. meet up with some others at the local car show but thats only in the summer time. dont know queens at all :p

Yea I went to one of those queens meets once I think they meet up at Entenmann's on queens boulevard oh never mind that was me being a cavone - lol

LOl good one, but seriously i would love to have a national club, i go to rons custom for like all my work , well all of what i cant do, and they use to have meets but i think it stopped and besided north jersey to far to drive like every weekend you know.

Keep me posted I'll drive down to a meet in Queens but I'll take the Regal - the GN is in hibernation in Pennsylvania

well we just had a christmas party last weekend and probably not much happening but maybe some Jillians or Go-Kart Racing during the winter.

around march april they will come out again

im from bushwick but stationed in chicago, i go home about once a year and it would be great to cruise while im there:D

great to see so many replies im from bensonhurst also anybody ever go to the friday knight car show on bayparkway k mart .
rons costume is a half hour to 45 minutes away from the brooklyn side of the verrazzono my car was in his storage warehouse for close to 8 months in 2000 witrh out ever being looked at . i finally pulled it out of there i was having a bad itch to drive the car you no what i mean. there reallyseem like cool people ron and paul there just backed up with work at the time i still plan on having the block done by jack merkel . anyway now would be the time to get a club going for next season i do plan on racing at e town again its 4 years since i ran the we4 there

Originally posted by JoeNational
LOl good one, but seriously i would love to have a national club, i go to rons custom for like all my work , well all of what i cant do, and they use to have meets but i think it stopped and besided north jersey to far to drive like every weekend you know.

hey joe maybe we can get something going. what part of bensonhurst im from cropsey ave i grew up on bayparkway

Originally posted by JoeNational

>>> Next time you see Ron ask him if he's be interested in starting up JABA again, some of the old gang who used to go to Rons for JABA meetings may be willing to start em back up again.

We used to have fun....bench racing, tech tips, BBQ's, then for some reason attendance started to sag and empathy set in and it kinda dissolved. Just my 2 cents.

I tink Tony is one of yuz guys.

A Christmas Story
by Tony Baloni

So dere I am cruisin’ down da street Christmas eve in my GN. Knockin’ back my tird Manhattan, gettin’ in da festive mood, yuz knows, when I see sometin’ outta da cornah of my eye. Soez I pull ovah to dis alley an’ get outta my cah and dares a bunch of reindeeah standin’ around. Well, sittin’ against dis building’ wall in nuttin but his boxah shorts an’ red boots is Santa Claus, an’ lemme tell ya, he’s in rough shape.
He’s obviously higher dan a friggin’ kite. One a dah reindeers, named Dashah, tells me Santa got plowed before he finished his Christmas run an’ ta top it off he solt his sleigh ta get a fix! When den, Dashah an’ da udder reindeeahs sez, "Tony, yuz gotta help us! Yuz gotta save Christmas!"
Well, at foist I’m tinkin’ I’m not interested, but once I looked back down at Santa, lemme tell yuz spark retards, dares nuttin’ moah shameful den seein’ a half naket Saint Nick unloadin’ his suppah all ovah himself. Soez I says ta da reindeahs, "Let’s do it!"
Soez I hitch up da reindeeahs to my GN, trow da sacks a toys an’ stuff in da back and we’re off! Soez we shoot trew da night sky, goin’ house ta house, droppin’ stuff off. (As a side note, I’ze made sure all yuz Toybo Buick guys got a nice Christmas. Hey, ole Tony takes care a his own!)
Well, I stop at dis one joint, pop down da chimney, an’ I’m puttin’ tings undah da tree when dis little tyke comes down da staihs in pajamas holdin’ a teddy bear and rubbin’ hiz eyes, an he sez ta me, "Are you Santa?" Soez I sez "beat it, kid, or I’ll smack ya." Well, he stahts yellin’ at me, sayin’ I ain’t Santa! "Santa’s got a white beard an’ a red jacket!" An I sez, "Yeah, well ole Santas also got a serious heroin addiction." An’ da kid stahts cryin’ and kickin’ up a fuss soez I grab him an’ trows him down deez basement staihs an’ lock da door. Sheesh, what a pain in da rear seat braces!
Well, anyways, I finish up an’ I’m goin’ ovah da Pacific Ocean when I look up and seez dis jet. Soez I take my GN up to, I dunno, tirty tousand feet or so, roll down my window an’ yells ovah ta da pilot an’ co-pilot ta see if dey wanna race. Well, dey roll down dere window an’ sez, "Sure!" So we agree dat foist one ta New York wins.
So me an’ da reindeeah stop at da coast a California an’ so duz da jet. We both build boost den I tell dem on da tird toot a my horn, we go! Toot…toot…den…Bango! It’s on!
Well, I jump outta ta like a two-state lead on ‘em, but dare right behind me! Soez I’m tinkin’ dem friggin’ reindeah must be addin’ weight soez I quickly unhitch all da reindeeahs except Dashah an’ dey goez tumblin’ ovah my GN, maf ovah teacup and get sucked into da jumbo jet’s toybines. Well, dares chunks a reindeeah flyin’ all ovah an’ da jet starts ta sputter an’ slow down. Soez I easily beat them ta New York.
Well, ole Dashah’s hysterical an’ he’s yellin’ back ta me, "What happened?" An’ I tells him da hitches musta been defective an’ he falls for it. Sheesh, his heads gotta be as hollow as my cat convoytah! Soez as we’re descendin’, I’m tinkin’, ya know…I took care a everybody else’s holiday, but what about me?
Well, we land an’ Dashah’s sobbin’ and tremblin’ soez I get outta da cah, go ovah to him an’ gently pet him, sayin’ "Dare, dare." Den…Bango! I cave hiz friggin’ skull in wit a Iowah control arm, toss him in my trunk, drive home an’ cook him up for breakfast. An, as I’m sittin’ dare in my kitchen, moppin’ up da gravy on my plate wit da last morsel a Dashah, I staht tinkin’ about all da kids just getting’ up dis mornin’, openin’ dare presents as dare happy parents look on, an well, I got a little choked up. Not ‘cause a any yuletide spirit, mind yuz, but ‘cause a piece a dat friggin’ reindeeah went down da wrong pipe. But I managed ta hack it up, an’ everytins ok wit Tony Baloni.
Merry Christmas, yuz body bushings, an’ a Happy New Yeeah!

Originally posted by charlloots
hey joe maybe we can get something going. what part of bensonhurst im from cropsey ave i grew up on bayparkway

Wow no way iam on 80th and bayparkway my whole life, my plate reads "MY87GN" maybe you seen me, iam good friends with Ricco who has the caprice classic with the scoop sticking out of the hood that reads "Interceptor" on the trunk lid. love to get something started.

anybody here from thebrooklyn area was thinking about getting a tb club started
There's the JCC just over the Outer Bridge in NJ. Typically there is at least one JCC member at E-Town every weekend. JCC came out of JABA when the empathy set in, tempers flared and JABA died out. JCC is still strong and with ample support from Rich's Custom Auto we'll always have a place to keep the cars running in top shape and slapping the competition (no I’m not a paid endorsement for Rich’s Custom Auto with 2 locations in NJ to serve you better :)).

Art.

maybe we can set a date that we can all meet and get somethig going .

joenational you got mail

maybe we can set a date that we can all meet and get somethig going .

joenational you got mail
If you wanna hang with the JCC crew just come to E-Town when the weather gets nicer. They open at the end of February. I'd expect the 11 and 10 second members to start racing in March. Track is too cold and not enough rubber down for the faster guys until about April. I practically took out the tree at the end of this season when the track was too cold. That was a lot of fun. Year before last I almost nailed the wall, this year the tree, what's next? I’m gunning for one of those pretty little red boxes next year; I'm too scared to even think about it! :cool:

how do you guys drive GN's in NYC? I was thinking about becoming a cop there but I dunno if i could handle the traffic and big city life. Where the hell do you park and work on your GN's?

Back