You can type here any text you want

BS3 and hard to start

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SPOT MY 6

Stock crawlin National...
My car has never started very easily and I would like to know what I can do to get it to fire quicker. I am running a B2B BS3. It usually cranks over for a few seconds and sounds like it wants to start then finally does. Sometimes I need to give it a little gas to clear it out so it sounds like it is putting too much fuel in. Are the values in the "cranking" menu the only values used when the car is starting? Do any of the other tables effect cranking/startup??

FWIW, I am running 95's on a 234" iron headed 109 motor with a 212/212 cam (I wish I would have bought 83's instead but oh well).

Thanks.

I never worked with the bs3 much , but opeing the iac starting position maybe a help here. Generally, the cells in the 400 rpm range do effect the overall fueling also on most of the aftermarket ecu;s. SO try knocking them a bit lower and see if it helps.

You need to go to the Starting menu & click on cranking, Change the value smaller for less and larger for more fuel vs coolant temp while starting. Also like norbs said you can try adding more IAC start start position in the idle menu.

I would make a guess that your cranking pw ought to be somewhere in the 3.5-5.5 ms range, as an initial starting point anyway. Might need a bit more, depending. Something to try if yours isn't already set somewhere around there.

John

Back