Budget build 4.1 Forged Ross Pistons

ttypewhite

I unloading these pistons I had in one of my old 4.1 motor. These pistons were new and have 3 weeks run time on them. Had the washer from the cam sensor fall in the front cover when I was repairing a busted cam sensor pin on the gear. Didn't realize it fell in the motor and put the new sensor in. That washer sand blasted inside the motor. The pistons look ugly from the bottom, but has nothing to do with its strength and integrity. Take some time to clean and prep these pistons and you will have a decent set. I would replace the rings, but that's your decision. Anyway the specs are:

4.00 Bore
.990 PIN
1.530 Comp Height

Anybody building a budget 4.1 build I am going to sell this pistons, rings and pins for $250 shipped. I will post a lot of pics for you to see and make a decision on.

Side (has some score marks, but not deep and rough)

bottom of all pistons

I'm interested in these pistons. Are they set up to use the stock rods? What does that compression height 1.530 set your compression at? They also look like they were cleaned up by buffing or grinding. Would they require rebalancing? Thanks

So these pistons would use BBC wrist pins (.990" dia.) and a 6.30" connecting rod? OEM piston compression height is 1.85", these are 1.53" CH.

I had this in a Stage1 4.1 engine with a 3.59 stroke crank, 6.35" rod and the deck of the block was milled to remove O-rings. A 3.59 stroke crank, 6.50 rod and these pistons would work in a production 4.1 block, but there are other scenarios that will work as well, but I am no engine builder so you need to figure that out for yourself . Specs of the pistons are there,you guys have to figure out what would work best for you.

Just had confirmation on these pistons. It has to be used with a 3.55 or 3.59 crank.