Buell Motorcycles

slowcord

What is everyone's opinion on Buell's motorcycles? Are they any good? Reliable?
Im considering getting one for daily and I know at least a few people here should know a thing or two about them...
TIA.

Underpowered for the price IMO. Get a water cooled bike the first time you are stuck in a traffic jam you will be pissed with a aircooled bike. The 1125r is a rotax watercooled engine the rest are HD based engines.
Get a japbike.. FWIW the HD has have JAP parts onthem anyways.

Don't know about the Buell's, but I've had my 02 Yamaha Silverado since new. It's a 1100cc v twin cruiser, shaft driven, air cooled. It gets in the 90's and 100's here in Oklahoma City and I really don't notice a ton of heat comming off the engine when I've sat in traffic. I think it's really personal pref. as to air cooled vs liquid.

The only thing I've done is regular oil changes..still has the original battery, but on my second set of tires, getting ready for set #3...been a great bike :)

I had a really good friend who had a Buell. It was a sweet bike but it broke down on him quite a bit. That was four or so years ago so maybe they're better now. I seem to remember a bolt sheering off from the vibration of the engine. But like I said, it was cool as hell.

i crashed 03 firebolt and ended up in intensive care. first/last time i tried to ride anything with two wheels other than a pedal bike.. hit a wall about 35mph.

Pay half the price for a slightly used Suzi/Yama/Honda and ride forever and hardly ever repair it. Remember what you want it for.....don't pay for a name or a status symbol.

The guy who did the heads for my GN says he's always getting heads sent to him from the local Harley shop for next to new bikes. Says the things are built like crap anymore. I don't personally ride bikes, and know less about them than I do about cars, but that's what he said...:wink: