You can type here any text you want

Buick 455

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

marydgad

I talked to my engine builder because everybody wanted to know if it can handle a 150 shot, no problem he said. That should bring the car into the low tens all day.

If I don't sell it that's the route I'm going to go.

If it was close to stock with enough octane and the fueling was right I would agree it could. If it was already a low 11 sec car I wouldn't put a 150 shot on it. The block will be moving around a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was close to stock with enough octane and the fueling was right I would agree it could. If it was already a low 11 sec car I wouldn't put a 150 shot on it. The block will be moving around a lot.

Car runs 11.5 now, it's built very strong, motor was built by PG Scotty. You can look at the car, it's on the site under "Finally got my car back from my brother". You can see the video.

Car runs 11.5 now, it's built very strong, motor was built by PG Scotty. You can look at the car, it's on the site under "Finally got my car back from my brother". You can see the video.
Those guys at PG are good guys. About 15 years ago they gave me a lot of info about using copper head gaskets and wire rings in the block. Ran like that for years till better head gasket options were available

Those guys at PG are good guys. About 15 years ago they gave me a lot of info about using copper head gaskets and wire rings in the block. Ran like that for years till better head gasket options were available

Did you see the video, Leaving the shop? And did you read the description that I posted in one of the photos? What kind of car are you driving? NIce talking to you.

I love your build, great looking car. I know a thing or two about the 455 blocks from hanging out on v8buick.com. Lots of the guys on there agree that the stock Buick block becomes unstable over about 650hp. I don't know if I would throw a 150 shot at it myself but who knows until you try. A lot of the guys who are going 9xx and 10xx are doing so with girdled and filled blocks.....

I love your build, great looking car. I know a thing or two about the 455 blocks from hanging out on v8buick.com. Lots of the guys on there agree that the stock Buick block becomes unstable over about 650hp. I don't know if I would throw a 150 shot at it myself but who knows until you try. A lot of the guys who are going 9xx and 10xx are doing so with girdled and filled blocks.....
A couple of my Pontiac 428 LeMans is in Canada, and one of my Grand National. You're probably right, I am not going to put a 150 shot on it. Just going to put a set of slick on it and see what she does. If you go to Youtube you will see all my Buicks that I owned cuz I know you appreciate Buick. Go to Youtube and type in 1986 Buick 455, Spring Hill, FL and enjoy all the videos especially my Sky Lark 455, being you in Canada you might see my 428 Pontiac. Thanks

Back