Buick G.T.G @ Bristol April-7th & 8th!!

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
Here are the dates:

Friday April 7th, test-n-tune @ Bristol Dragway. 5pm - Until....
Saturday April 8th, bracket racing @ Bristol Dragway. 10:30am - Until...

Hotel information will follow here soon. I'm going to try to find a hotel with a large enough parking lot for all of us, at an inexpensive rate hopefully. Any suggestions??

K.

I would really like to commit to going but cannot know untill last minute. If at all posible I will show. Be nice to meet other Buick heathen uhhhhh I mean brethen from the state.

Soffa for BOP Race Director......

Calendar is marked.

Just maybe the rebirth of the BOP Event. :biggrin:

Why did you choose that date :confused: The poll that you posted didn't choose that date. I believe that Auto Fair is that weekend.

sydwyndr said:
Why did you choose that date :confused: The poll that you posted didn't choose that date. I believe that Auto Fair is that weekend.

The poll didn't choose any of the dates. It was actually a 3-way tie on the poll, cause I needed to move my vote from the 31st/1st to the 7th/8th dates. Therefore there are 4 votes for each date, and with only 12 people voting there was more into the decision than just the poll.

I don't think there is much of a problem having it on the same dates as the AutoFair. Some of us build our cars for "show" and some for "go". Those who prefer to race can come to Bristol, those who would like to park their cars can go to the speedway.

I know where the fast cars will be... ;) :biggrin:

K.

I don't think there is much of a problem having it on the same dates as the AutoFair. Some of us build our cars for "show" and some for "go". Those who prefer to race can come to Bristol, those who would like to park their cars can go to the speedway.

I for one would really like for us to pull off a successful Bristol Event but with the conflict of dates [Auto Fair] I don’t see it happening.

Keith, I know there’s no way to choose a date that works for everyone but with so many NC folks already committed to the AF Event prior, I see very little potential for turn out at Bristol. I think we still have time to evaluate a more suitable date for Bristol, one that would promote a larger turn-out. I’m sure there are others like myself, on the fence as to where they land that day.

getchasum said:
I for one would really like for us to pull off a successful Bristol Event but with the conflict of dates [Auto Fair] I don’t see it happening.

Keith, I know there’s no way to choose a date that works for everyone but with so many NC folks already committed to the AF Event prior, I see very little potential for turn out at Bristol. I think we still have time to evaluate a more suitable date for Bristol, one that would promote a larger turn-out. I’m sure there are others like myself, on the fence as to where they land that day.

Good post Scott. In short---i agree.

Geoff

getchasum said:

I 2nd that.

Now there's input...

Interesting how for the last month or so I asked for input on the idea and heard nothing... :confused:

However here's the situation. Everyone check the dates that Bristol has open in the link I provided above, and give "us" some feedback. The later the date without getting too close to B.G. the better for most of the Charlotte area people.

The weekend of March 31st/April 1st. doesn't work for me as I pull long hours at the dealership trying to close the end of the month out. (Managerial duties!!) So if you guys want that date someone else will have to run with the ball...

Now if we change the date per the AutoFair, and either the "show" people don't show-up at Bristol, or they don't actually "race" their cars... :mad:

K.

Keith,
I would REALLY like to go but I committed to Charlotte Autofare months ago. I'm the President of the Carolina Impala SS Motor Association (CARISSMA) and have to be there. Sorry.
Conrad

Keith,

I completely understand your pain and commend you for your effort here.You are one of extremely few who would try to organize something like this!!!!

The problem i have is::::there has been no difintive answer as to how many will really attend.Beleive it or not---this weekend would cost me a grand after hotel,getting in and running,and the denali towing 8 or 9 hours and having to go through "THE GAP".
If i want to see 3 or 4 TR's, i would go out to the garage or come visit you for the weekend!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Once again---can't thank Keith enough for his efforts to keep the TR junkies of NC together, but in the last 6 weeks i have bought abs bumper fillers, ALL new weatherstripping,and the car is in the paint shop as we speak.

I would love to go Bristol--it is the nicest strip on the East Coast----just looking for some input on WHO will actually be there.

Geoff

alphaenvirmgt said:
Keith,
I would REALLY like to go but I committed to Charlotte Autofare months ago. I'm the President of the Carolina Impala SS Motor Association (CARISSMA) and have to be there. Sorry.
Conrad

Conrad, we can change the date away from that weekend. I don't have a problem with that. Again, use the link above and give us some input for a new date.

K.

ghall said:
The problem i have is::::there has been no difintive answer as to how many will really attend.Beleive it or not---this weekend would cost me a grand after hotel,getting in and running,and the denali towing 8 or 9 hours and having to go through "THE GAP".
If i want to see 3 or 4 TR's, i would go out to the garage or come visit you for the weekend!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Trust me I understand your pain here. Imagine what I'm going to spend for racing the whole week @ B.G.!!!

ghall said:
I would love to go Bristol--it is the nicest strip on the East Coast----just looking for some input on WHO will actually be there.

Again this boils down to input from the hundreds that have read this post. Sometimes I just don't understand the lack of desire for people to get involved. But when it doesn't work for them the $hit hits the fan... :confused:

K.

Keith thanks for tring to get a bristol event going. but i'm commited to the GM Turbo6 gathering @ autofair. Since i was one of the people responsible for GM Turbo 6 getting into autofair.

any other dates will be ok with me. i might make a few time runs anyhow and not race since i have never actually raced my car.

SloGN said:
Keith...any other dates will be ok with me. i might make a few time runs anyhow and not race since i have never actually raced my car.

Did you check out the link above to Bristol's schedule?? If not please do... What date looks good to you??

K.

Keith,
Is the date still undecided? I don't see a link to Bristol's schedule.
Conrad

What is the "Ride Revolutions Night" at Bristol? I really don't see any gaps in the schedule.
Conrad

alphaenvirmgt said:
What is the "Ride Revolutions Night" at Bristol?

I'm not sure, but they all seem to be on Tuesday and Thursday nights, not weekends.

alphaenvirmgt said:
I really don't see any gaps in the schedule.

All the "gaps" that I see are/were prior to April 7th/8th, which I mentioned in the previous post back in mid-January. Unfortunately there have been too many lurkers and not enough posting previous to me posting the above date picked. It may be a little too late... :mad:

K.