Buick Get Together in So Cal

I appreciate Reggie Jr. taking the time to call the other day & invite me. I'm looking forward to attending & seeing everyone again.

A TTA would be cool to have there too. Please bring it.

Just for the record anyone can bring what they want, does not matter. The more the merrier.

I'd love to. I'll get the car checked ASAP. I'll need help if it doesn't pass this time, I'm out of ideas.

Chicken, I have a used engine all set to go with a new crank kit & bearings, something we could do cheap To get you by & get your car back on the road. By the way that engine is for sale if anyone is interested. I have had little Buick work lately & keeping myself amused working on a 55 Nomad barn find I'm sort of restoring & it too will go up for sale. I will post some pictures of it as soon as it's presentable.

Nah Lou...I wanna do it right this time like we discussed. If I don't go full forged stroker mutton motor, I'll at lease do the same build you did for me before, but with a new roller set up, real heads and better electronics (wideband, powerlogger, Bailey 2-step, etc.) to keep it alive and reliable longer....oh....and I won't overheat this one for a full summer like I did the Frankenmotor a couple summers ago....

Nah Lou...I wanna do it right this time like we discussed. If I don't go full forged stroker mutton motor, I'll at lease do the same build you did for me before, but with a new roller set up, real heads and better electronics (wideband, powerlogger, Bailey 2-step, etc.) to keep it alive and reliable longer....oh....and I won't overheat this one for a full summer like I did the Frankenmotor a couple summers ago....
OK rooster just trying to help. With you out of commission things just aren't the same so something needs to be done. Get off your dead ass & lets get it running.

I'd love to. I'll get the car checked ASAP. I'll need help if it doesn't pass this time, I'm out of ideas.
If you can't figure it dry your eyes & call me I used to be a smog tech & once in a while hit a winner.

If you can't figure it dry your eyes & call me I used to be a smog tech & once in a while hit a winner.
TTA579:
Consider yourself very lucky that Lou offered to help out. You won't find any one more qualified.

Thanks Rodney, a real buddy.....Victor...WTF...were not buddies anymore? Gzzzzzzz! Hurtin a homey's feelings dude. Thanks a lot, buddy, ol pal of mine.

MY bad, I didnt see your post! I thought yall was still on Det? LOL. Yeah, we can all car pull!

OK here is some more info all of you.

I have vendors wanting to participate for us Buick guys.

ALRADCO will be showing off LED kits and their radiators specific to the Buicks. Pete may be there as well.

Baer Brakes will be sending out a display specific to the Buicks.

Hartline Performance will have parts and systems out for display as well.

I am working on a suspension, turbo and ( with any luck ) blocks and heads vendors as well. I will post up names once I get the commitment from them.

This may be pretty fun for all involved. I hope everyone will come out and say thanks to the vendors trying to support us.

Anyone can show up and bring whatever car you want.

Great idea Reggie! We'd be happy to support. I'm hoping I can attend but if not can at least send down some of our HID Head Light conversion kits and various radiators. I also would be happy to donate a set of HID lights as some type of prize if you guys are interested.

Reggie, I didn't get an email from you. Did you send it to peter@alradco.com ?

reggie thanx for putting this up its always fun to do this , im not sure ill be able to go but ill try to get it off....I miss the buick comunity..

Any chance of getting the cars parked out in front of the dealership like the old Westminster Buick days ?

I told the dealer they can park them out front along the main road or wherever they wanted them at. If enough show up I figured out there and some facing the building mixed in with some new Lacrosses, Regal GS turbos and so on. Do me a favor, try to get the boys from the valley to make the drive, I know its a bit of a drive but this should be fun for all. I'm trying to get a suspension vendor and a turbo vendor out here as well. The point is to show off all parts available for a Turbo Buick, XFI, block and heads, turbos, converters, radiators, LEDs, and brakes. I wanted to make it worth the drive for people to show up.

BTW, what are the start and end times for this thing ? Hopefully nothing too early on either end for us guys making the 2 hour drive.

Maybe you or Neal could give a call out to Steve Culhane and see if he'd like to stop by.. he's just up the road and built several of our trans.