You can type here any text you want

Buick gods that built this engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ScottyG

I know my buddies luck is going to run out sooner or later but damn! What kinda of power can these 3.8 can handle? I have heard 550hp but

I would like to thank the guys who built this engine back in 1987 (other than the rearmain seal leaking). Engine is completely stock other than valve springs still has the original coil and ign mod, wires! Over 80k miles

He don't sign on much here . But we went to the dyno today
Oh Eric @ turbotweaks knows his stuff on these cars tune was spot on! (I tweak it alittle bit to be a fat side)

Mustang dyno
After a couples to 5300rpms best numbers
Were
472rwhp and 483rwtq at 30lbs with cutout open . With weather factor numbers were
412rwhp and 422rwtq
Car pulls really good! He trap 120.74mph with cutout CLOSED! It's at 26lbs with the cutout closed if anyone is wondering it made lower 400s than with weather factor it was mid/upper 300s !

So when do these engines start breaking lol
IMG_1314.JPG

The block would need to be girdled or have billet caps and forged internals to see 800hp with any chance of it living....As far as the OP question goes; I think his buddy is about at the limit in terms of when things can expect to start breaking....Not saying that others have not had good luck and pushed an unopened motor beyond 472 rear wheel HP, just sayin your on borrowed time IMO....

Factory block, caps, crank, rods, pistons, rings
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that's crazy! That car probs feels nasty ! And I heard you one of the best out there so if u can do it it has to hold up! 7 pulls took it like a champ

Man that's crazy! That car probs feels nasty ! And I heard you one of the best out there so if u can do it it has to hold up! 7 pulls took it like a champ

I've got over 9 minutes logged on this one at 9 sec power. It accelerates from 70-130mph in under 4 sec. I did crack #1 last year. I just slid another in. It's going to be retired soon

I've got over 9 minutes logged on this one at 9 sec power. It accelerates from 70-130mph in under 4 sec. I did crack #1 last year. I just slid another in. It's going to be retired soon

Holy shit haha! Yea this car just feels crazy when he does a pull! I would love to feel that setup tho! The Gs are crazy in these cars cause they make really good torque down tho! He has countless street pulls and street racing on his setup and track time!

What fuel are you using? His car is on full e-85 reading at the pump e-88 in my area! timing is set at 23* on the chip that's made for 25lbs max We need another chip made for the 30lbs I just tuned around that for the time being AFRs are high 10s low 11s through hole rpm range

Holy shit haha! Yea this car just feels crazy when he does a pull! I would love to feel that setup tho! The Gs are crazy in these cars cause they make really good torque down tho! He has countless street pulls and street racing on his setup and track time!

What fuel are you using? His car is on full e-85 reading at the pump e-88 in my area! timing is set at 23* on the chip that's made for 25lbs max We need another chip made for the 30lbs I just tuned around that for the time being AFRs are high 10s low 11s through hole rpm range

Those are 93/alky. I hit ignition failure that day. Updated to Pantera coils with TR6

Those are 93/alky. I hit ignition failure that day. Updated to Pantera coils with TR6

What are some tell tale signs of ignition failure?

Slid another in top fuel style. Haha. We were doing the John Force voice,. Don't let that cracked piston bug ya, throw another one in an run it.

Put in a Forged piston each time one cracks and before ya know it you have a set Forged pistons :D

No. Six 10:1 forged pistons with billet connecting rods. 200+hp more than the stock short block with the new EFR when it becomes available. That was 93/alky. Leaving a bundle on the table vs ethanol/methanol based fuel system.

Back