Buick should change directions

If Buick really wanted to bring back a performance platform it's not like they don't have anything to work with. After all, the new Chevrolet SS is being introduced this summer: Rear drive, V8 sedan.

As the owner of a G8 I will say going with the Holden would be great. However the new cars will never ever ever have the same effect on the street as our Regals did. My feeling is the reason they were so feared was because they were not understood. Think about the fact that in 1986 our beasts were SPFI Turbo Intercooled vs the likes of carbed 305 HO motors in montes and 250hp 5.0 in mustangs. Most gear heads of the time couldn't tell the turbo from the fuel pressure regulator.
I really hope they don't ruin the mystique of the turbo regal.
Time will tell. If they are four doors and GM gives it a solid try and I can swing it I will trade in the G8 for one. I am already strategically planning. Got the wife to agree on a new grand Cherokee Vs a 2014 Tahoe. Cha Ching there's $20k saved for the next GN :)

I say make it on the g8 platform like the first pic in this thread, load it with options, paint it black and call it a gn, offer t types in colors and with the option to strip em down some, then send a bunch to slp (think camaro ss and firehawk t/a's) to be turned into gnx's. Then they could offer some of the gnx hop up parts for sale like slp does for camaros and roush does with mustang/lightning f150s etc. Its really pretty simple math, they would make a killing and probably save the brand from a similar fate as pontiac. Shaq isnt gonna sell enough lacrosses to justify keeping buick alive in my opinion.

I have been told it will be built on the same platform as the Cadillac ATS which has the twin turbo V6 engine and it getting a 2 door version released as soon as next month

I have been told it will be built on the same platform as the Cadillac ATS which has the twin turbo V6 engine and it getting a 2 door version released as soon as next month

Yep! And it'll be pricey so there will be a hole between the new Camaro, also using this chassis, and the new ATS so a twin turbo Buick in 2 or 4 dr looks pretty feasible from a market POV and that's what's needed to get a green light.

"I have been told it will be built."

That's all I want to hear......... and I want to hear it from a Buick executive, "I have been told it will be built."

Actually the executive likely knows less than you do, we want to hear it from global purchasing, then we know it is real

Or base it off the new Caddy Elmiraj concept. Imagine that car dressed in black with a TTv8 or v6... that would have presence! 2013-Cadillac-Elmiraj-Concept-24[2].jpg

Yep! And it'll be pricey so there will be a hole between the new Camaro, also using this chassis, and the new ATS so a twin turbo Buick in 2 or 4 dr looks pretty feasible from a market POV and that's what's needed to get a green light.

As long as there is a two door version I will be happy. We all know it is very unlikely that it will be able to compete with today's corvettes but that doesnt mean that it cant with some tuning. We just need the platform to be correct.

GM should leave it alone..the GN died in 87..leave it...we dont need another GTO/Charger/Challenger Failure.
X2 Those were different times, Buick was kicking ass with the GN and GNX, those times are GONE, HISTORY!! Its the same thing as getting a face lift at 70, you still looked better at 30:penguin:

X2 Those were different times, Buick was kicking ass with the GN and GNX, those times are GONE, HISTORY!! Its the same thing as getting a face lift at 70, you still looked better at 30:penguin:

I absolutely agree. Leave the GN/GNX legend alone and don't degrade the name by plastering it on one of those new cars.

If sure there are plenty of other names out there that they can use!

but none that have the marketing appeal that those have for a performance car, they want to sell cars. Think el mirage for the GNX at least, that is what has been hinted around

but none that have the marketing appeal that those have for a performance car, they want to sell cars. Think el mirage for the GNX at least, that is what has been hinted around

El Mirage is one of the shittiest towns in AZ............ makes me look forward to what Buick will offer..................

Or not..............

There will never be another Turbo Regal, GN or GNX named vehicle that can hold a candle to the original.

As for selling cars or not, Buick needs to find a new nameplate.