You can type here any text you want

Buick Stage II heads ready to bolt on

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick

I have a set of Buick Stage II aluminum heads for sale. 2.08 Dell West Titanium intake valves, 1.65 Dell West Titanium exhaust valves. Full race port and polish by Lawrence Connolly...no need to say any more:D
The heads are set up to run a hydraulic roller cam with a lift of .660 for what the spring pressure is set at.
They are ready to bolt on, period. asking price is $2600.00
Buyer pays shipping

Ok as far as the block that I had blow apart on me, it appears it was the direct result of the "gear drive". After the disection, we discovered #1 rod was not even in the oil pan, it got thrown right out of the engine compartment, and front main bearing had spun as well. After reviewing the evidence, the conclusion came to figuring the "harmonic's" of the gear drive sent the reverberation's back on the engine, and took out the first 2 parts it came into contact with, #1 rod bearing, and front main bearing. I did not put this engine together, nor did I want a gear drive. This was all assembled as is when I bought the car. Bruce has had the new and old engine for about 5 weeks now, and I still do not even have the new assembly back from the machine shop, my patience is very rapidly running out. It's been 3 years since I had a play toy and a stupid slow azz machine shop is prolonging my wait even more.... have a good one guys, I'm still hoping to get a time slip before the snow starts to fly.

:eek: im kinda nervous now. i just put togeather a 4.1 stage II with all the good stuff, and i have a gear drive on it. im gonna drive this car on the street, and race it a lot. should i ditch the gear drive before the motor goes in the car?

Not Fast

In my opinion fast, I say Pull that drive outta there!! I will NEVER recommend a gear drive in a G/N motor, they are nothing but trouble from what I have been told and what I have personally seen. I wouldn't let a builder put a gear drive in a motor for me if he was offering to pay me to let him do it.

PICS

I now have pics of heads guys, just send me your e-mail address and I'll send a few to you. BTW I am very sorry about the mix up but the exhaust valves are 1.60 not 1.65

Originally posted by NOT FAST
:eek: im kinda nervous now. i just put togeather a 4.1 stage II with all the good stuff, and i have a gear drive on it. im gonna drive this car on the street, and race it a lot. should i ditch the gear drive before the motor goes in the car?

Take the gear drive off & make a nice paper weight out of it. I've only ever installed one a customers car , And the bolt backed out twice (luckly it didn't hurt anything but my feelings) Put a timing chain ont it 2 years ago, Ans all is good. I'd change it before you put it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back