Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

I see the flyer states "NHRA rules will be enforced". The "general race rules" on Thunder Valley's web site state "Any car running faster than 11.99 must have a roll bar, 5 point harness, and a fire jacket." I assume the track's rule will take precedence? (11.99 vs 11.49). I have not been to the track since all my recent mods - may or may not be an issue for me.

The enforcement will greatly depend on the Tech inspector, some are more lenient than others and will let things slide with a warning. Ive seen alot of questionable "Things" go down the track wondering to myself just how the Hell did that get thru Tech.

The NHRA rules continuously change. For instance, newer cars can run much faster before certain safety equipment is required. As stated above, unless it is an egregious violation, they generally will just give a warning to slow it down. If you show up with a 9 second car, with no cage, they may politely ask you to leave. Which happened to a Ford a few years ago....

Black Betty. Lol. Mines gonna be near the cage requirement, but under the hood it looks faster than 11s. Hope the inspector is reasonable.

Three weeks until Race Day.:)

These folks were part of our Top 20 in the last Shootout and they have not committed to race.
If you know them, please contact them and let us know if they are coming.

Andrew Pace
Jake Thompson
Tyler Northcutt
Billy Jones
Travis Lockhead
Kevin Hightower

Thanks.

Phil Engle

I'm pretty sure that I will be running my truck as well. 08 Sierra Denali with awd 6.2L and a westers tune. I'm curious what it will run, plus its another car to pad the count.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Jake Thompson drives an lsx Chevelle now so he can't race. I rarely see Billy Jones, but my money is that he will come. I think he likes getting that car down the track at TVRP. And I think Kevin on this thread is Kevin Hightower, but I'm not certain.

Printing 300 event t-shirts. Prices will be $25. Please show up and buy them up early. Hopefully we will be able to help the racer payout if we sell enough. They should look pretty cool thanks to Stephanie Johnson designing them! They will be more of a grey color instead of the usual black. Artwork on the front, all of the sponsors on the back. Less than 3 weeks guys and gals! Hope to meet many of you Friday and Saturday!

Printing 300 event t-shirts. Prices will be $25. Please show up and buy them up early. Hopefully we will be able to help the racer payout if we sell enough. They should look pretty cool thanks to Stephanie Johnson designing them! They will be more of a grey color instead of the usual black. Artwork on the front, all of the sponsors on the back. Less than 3 weeks guys and gals! Hope to meet many of you Friday and Saturday!
Will these be available to purchase early say like thru Pay-pal and maybe picked up when i get there?

Three weeks until Race Day.:)

These folks were part of our Top 20 in the last Shootout and they have not committed to race.
If you know them, please contact them and let us know if they are coming.

Andrew Pace
Jake Thompson
Tyler Northcutt
Billy Jones
Travis Lockhead
Kevin Hightower

Thanks.

Phil Engle

Tyler is on V8 Buick, I believe his car is down at the moment.

Phil, I will be towing my son's GN to the race and i will be racing the tow vehicle. My GN is down at the moment.

We don't have a paypal account set up. I am sure that if you hit the T-shirt stand before noon on Saturday, there will still be a good selection. If anyone still wants to buy in advance, give me a call and I will provide an address to mail checks. 405-200-3227

We don't have a paypal account set up. I am sure that if you hit the T-shirt stand before noon on Saturday, there will still be a good selection. If anyone still wants to buy in advance, give me a call and I will provide an address to mail checks. 405-200-3227
Sounds good, thanks

Since this website is on the flyer, thought I would post here. Been getting an unusual amount of calls about Friday night test and tune, and if someone needs to be in a Ford club or Buick club to attend Friday test n tune or Saturday's event. Everyone is invited to Friday night test n tune. All makes, imports, etc. It doesn't matter, it's a normal Friday night open to everyone, there may just be an unusually large amount of Buicks and Fords. Saturday's event: Basically every GM product is invited except for Chevrolet. As stated, Chevrolet is not allowed to participate in the Saturday event because it would turn into a Chevy vs Ford event and would turn the event away from it's original purpose, which was originally designed to get all the cool Buicks to a race!!! Hopefully this will clear the air for the new participants.

It looks like another local DFW Buick is gonna make it?

LSPBC member Kevin High '87 Silver T high 10's maybe?

Will Barnes.... Will Barnes.... Will Barnes to the staging lanes.... Will Barnes....

:D

Just realized it's actually on one of your videos from 2011. lol

Dang it Pringle. I think they were about to dq me if I didn't hurry, I was in the bathroom for some fluid weight reduction when that page happened.