Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

So racing a Chevrolet Vega is ok as long as it's Buick powered? Or is this another "it's really a Pontiac" wink wink nudge nudge type thing?

:rolleyes:

Just askin'. o_O

They've let Buick powered stuff in for a while. That old "Apollo" was a BBBuick powered Nova and ran at FvB for years. Not really a big deal IMO because it basically was an Apollo and had the Buick drivetrain.

Not any much more of a jacked up deal than "somebody" from Amarillo's BBC powered Mustang running for team Redneck a few years ago, if you know what I mean. Lol.

So if a guy shows up with a SBC or BBC (or LS Will! haha j/k) powered B,O,P, or GN, he can race? Just trying to figure out where the line is drawn on this deal. I know it's all for fun, but when you start loosening the rules, sometimes it's tough to keep them from coming completely undone and sucking that fun out. If us Fords want to race Chevy powered stuff, we can do that any weekend of the year.

Any Buick/Poncho/Olds/Caddy, etc. with a GM corporate engine is ok. They will allow Duramax GMC and Ford Powerjokes even though the engines are outsourced. And as mentioned, if it's a GM car with a Buick/Poncho/Olds power plant, they let it run since that's really the spirit of the event.

If it was all Chevy cars allowed, it would be a beatdown that you guys would never recover from. We don't want that, we just want to beat you down fairly badly.

And what's this LS comment about, I don't know of anybody that would swap an LS into a gbody! :p

View attachment 202165 As long as it is Buick power it doesn't matter. Maybe we'll have someone bring a Buick powered Mustang! :D

We have a local Buick club member with a 68/69 Firebird with a 428 CJ motor from a Ford. What side would he race on if he showed up?

The junkyard side.

JK nice car, terrible choice in power plant, but hey its his car after all.

The junkyard side.

JK nice car, terrible choice in power plant, but hey its his car after all.

He has had the car since HS, as the story goes he blew up the 400 back in the day and the CJ motor was just setting there ready to go. The rest is history. I have known the guy for about 17 years and the car has stayed exactly the same. Nice car though fast and very consistent. He is a hellva bracket racer and a long time member of our Buick club. So at least he good taste in clubs. ;)

Not any much more of a jacked up deal than "somebody" from Amarillo's BBC powered Mustang running for team Redneck a few years ago, if you know what I mean. Lol.

Or somebody's nitrous sniffin' BBC powered Chevy Nova (It's an "Acadian Beaumont" ... wink wink nudge nudge) from A-town that ran for Team Blew-it a few years ago......

Has anyone ever been told they can't race?

Luckily, I am not guilty of owning any of those!

Does someone actually check the cars or has it just on the honor system? I'm just curious because I've never noticed anyone checking in the past and know guys that are saying "yeah go ahead and bring your monte carlo, it'll pass for an oldsmobile".

Luckily, I am not guilty of owning any of those!

Does someone actually check the cars or has it just on the honor system? I'm just curious because I've never noticed anyone checking in the past and know guys that are saying "yeah go ahead and bring your monte carlo, it'll pass for an oldsmobile".

I have been attending this event since 2000 and I have seen a few cars that I thought hmmm... it must be Ford or Buick power and casually checked through the day for myself and have never found any that did not qualify.

Now I have seen cars that ran TnT only that did not qualify to run at the end but I don't think it was a case where they were told they could not run eliminations they were just wanting to TnT.

All cars have to go through tech, I'm sure they do look.

I will try to make the rules more clear next year. In my opinion, any chevrolet that is running needs to have a turbo buick under the hood. Will let things slide this year, but may make it more apparent and enforced next year. BTW, here is our first proof of the front of the T-shirts. Let me know what you guys think. And yes, the Buick and the Ford will be switched and corrected............................................... lol
BuickvsFord.jpg

Looks good but are you omitting "Thunder Valley" ? Either way looks good. Got a pic of the back?

I don't want you guys to think I am whining about racing against Chevrolets. That's not big deal, it happens all the time. This event is one I look forward to all year long. Hanging out with friends (even you Will!) and racing cars OTHER than Chevrolet's. :D

I totally forgot about that. Not sure how to incorporate it on the front. May put it on the back.

I like the shirt, but I feel it should have a crusty red 1983 Mustang on it instead of Ted's Falcon. haha Is NX sponsoring or something?

Yes, NX is a good sponsor, along with others. They will be on the back. Next year we will go with newer cars, maybe just rotate from old to new every year. Trying to put a turbo on the back as well for all the GN guys.
turbo1.jpg

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it..., I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.... Oh ya!! Copious amounts of ice cold twin turbo boost coming for some poor Buick!!!!
SatOct 12

32.png
75°
56°
Sunny, Zero chance of rain!

Hellionfinal.jpg

CHANCE OF

I can't remember them all. NX, okieracing.com, Bob Moore Ford, B&R Performance, among 3-4 others.

Just about to show this Pontiac that my taillights do not match. Getting warmed up for FvB!!!

s
57993_10151534562429485_1032258073_n.jpg

This is what I was running back in 05, 89 Coupe stroked Windsor, 9.83 at 139.....

Attachments

• 387435_296727313680871_1128944870_n.jpg
    387435_296727313680871_1128944870_n.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 83