Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

Well, It looks like I'll be making the trip without my car. After rebuilding the motor now the trans is having issues. Pretty bummed right now but still looking forward to the event.
Mike Derden

Mike: Sorry to hear about the tranny. Hope you still come and enjoy the event.

Phil Engle

My weather app is saying 40% chance of T-storms for Sat. Boo.

I haven't read all 13 pages of this thread, so forgive me if it has been posted here, but all the info says "gates open at 8:00," but what time will the racing start?

The finalized flyer mentions this website for race info, so here are a few more notes on the race. As everyone should know by now, the race went to a Pro-tree type of starting system years ago. I assume it was switched and will stay the same because so many Buick racers were pushing through the lights and/or red-lighting. Also, in an effort to get a few VERY FAST cars to attend the race, I am allowing (if the pair requests) a handful of 1/8 mile finals. All the other rules are basically the same, Example: 110 Fords qualify and 87 Buicks qualify, then there would be 87 heads up, pro-tree races starting from slowest to fastest. The remaining 23 Fords (in this example) would be paired together to race each other if they so desire. As always, the racetrack's own official will be doing the tech in, and will require all cars and drivers to pass all the NHRA stuff! OU football will be an away game this weekend, so a quick internet search will provide plenty of available hotels in the Norman, OK area. Don't worry football fans, always a few trailers with the game on! As always, smack talking, side bets under the tower, and old man jokes are all encouraged!

Can you elaborate on this please? When the pairings are made, the Ford and the Buick would agree to run 1/8? My car isn't in the "VERY FAST" category, but I prefer to run it in the 1/8 mile, and will likely cut it off at the 1/8 and roll out the 1/4 mile. Since people are notorious about crying after this event, because they feel the other side sandbagged, I don't want to be accused of sandbagging when my 1/8 and 1/4 times don't coincide.

Also, will there be a quick 8?

I was approached quite a few months ago about 1/8th mile racing. A hand full of 7 second cars said, "we'd love to come, but we are set up for 1/8th mile." I told them that I would be more than happy to pair them up under an 1/8th mile system so they could come and enjoy the race. Have been plenty of suggestions thrown my way about where to make the "cut-off" point at. 8.00--8.50 or something. No, this is a quarter mile event, but I am willing to make a few exceptions for the VERY fast cars. And no, there will not be a "quick 8" per se. The top ten do get a plaque and some other secret goodies. ;)

I was approached quite a few months ago about 1/8th mile racing. A hand full of 7 second cars said, "we'd love to come, but we are set up for 1/8th mile." I told them that I would be more than happy to pair them up under an 1/8th mile system so they could come and enjoy the race. Have been plenty of suggestions thrown my way about where to make the "cut-off" point at. 8.00--8.50 or something. No, this is a quarter mile event, but I am willing to make a few exceptions for the VERY fast cars. And no, there will not be a "quick 8" per se. The top ten do get a plaque and some other secret goodies. ;)

Ok, well I'll do what I can. As I said, I may shut it down at the 1/8 and roll it out. I understand it's a 1/4 mile event, and those cute little turbo V6s need the backhalf to do their work ;) .

So what time does the racing start?

Alrighty. I'd say that's a very optimistic time, but I'll be there. Lol

Just got off the phone with track management. Gates will open at 8AM, tech starts at 9AM. As long as the EMT guys don't over sleep, we should be racing at about 9!

Curious of the list of Sponsors?
Here is the list of sponsors:

Nitrous Express (NX)
The Plumbing Company
Randy's Carpet Cleaning
B&R Performance
Fire Co
Okie Racing
Lone Star Performance Buick Club
Bob Moore Ford
KDM Performance Dalhart, Texas
Stephanie Johnson Photography

we are never running by 9, but it's still worth being there to walk around and take a look at the fine machines (the Buicks, of course) in the pits.

69 are you on yellowbullet?

we are never running by 9, but it's still worth being there to walk around and take a look at the fine machines (the Buicks, of course) in the pits.

I believe you will see there has been significant improvement in the track and how it is managed.

Yes sir, I am.

As pointed out, the track is leaps and bounds better than it has ever been, and I think everyone will be very pleased. Nick and Larry have a great handle on it.

If you ever went to Denton when Nick and Larry were there then you know... these guys know how to run a track! So ditto what Phil said you will see a difference.