Buick versus Ford Event in Noble. Date of October 11, 2014, confirmed yesterday by the track.

Glad you have already filled a lot of your field. Gonna go ahead and guarantee some money. OK, I'm just gonna say it now...$2000 guaranteed winner, $1000 guarantee for R/U. Guaranteed.... more $$ down the ladder depending on participation. The Turbo GN is my favorite car outside of a Mustang. Starting on flyers and shirt design this week. Bring it boys and girls! 2014 Ford vs Buick Smackdown!

Who is THE winner in this race? I thought one team won? Or do you mean #1 & #2 qualifier?

Go ahead and put us down for next year again.

Who is THE winner in this race? I thought one team won? Or do you mean #1 & #2 qualifier?

Go ahead and put us down for next year again.

Of course this will continue to be a "team" event. And the founder of this race never really wanted it to turn into a big money race, which I don't either, BUT.... I think a good chunk of the money that is left over needs to go back to the racers. How we did it this year was that the winning car got a lump of money, second place in the final got a smaller portion, #3 and #4, #5 and #6, all the way down through the top 5 pairs. I will speak with Dick Walker, the Emberton's etc, over the next few months to get there opinions on how X amount of dollars that I want to pay back should be spread through the final top 5 or top 10, etc.

Need a $200 hard luck award for a random unlucky soul that blows their Buick junk up in the finals. lol

I will be there again next year. I've been looking for a GS, so may have two cars by then.

Ryan Branfort - Kansas

I plan on being there next year hopefully with my gn and my syclone

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Boy oh Boy,,,just got next years vacation request form here at work, cant wait to line out dates for my trip back to Noble OK :)

I was wondering why it "only" ran an 8.9x. Geez. It's a rocket even on 12psi, but it came out of the hole like you were leaving a stoplight. That was the most awesome race to watch, and I got it on video Bones if you want to see it.

I'd like to see that again.

so what will be the official date for this event? I need to put in for vacation this month. Thanks.

Trying to secure Oct. 4th or Oct. 11th. Sorry cannot give you a firm date yet. Will post on this site the minute I know something.

Ok thanks. I always look forward to this event. really want to make sure I take off the right days.

Now that my health issues are a thing of the past, add my name to the list. Just hope it is the weekend before BG so I can stop there on the way home. If you are going to have a payout for qualifiers I suggest you contact Rod Hendrickson. He would probably bring the Regal.

Trying to secure Oct. 4th or Oct. 11th. Sorry cannot give you a firm date yet. Will post on this site the minute I know something.

Blake: I believe that the 11th would be much better for attracting more Buick racers. The 11th precedes the Buick Nationals which is going to be held October 15-18 2014. We have several out of state racers that come to Noble and then proceed on to Bowling Green. The gentleman in Post #36 comes from Ohio to support the race at Noble and is usually the top qualifier for Team Buick and then he loads up and heads to BG.

The payout to qualifiers will be a strong incentive for some of the Buick racers with faster cars to come to the event which I believe needs to be a highly competitive event to keep the racers coming back the following years.

Phil Engle

Last edited:
Now that my health issues are a thing of the past, add my name to the list. Just hope it is the weekend before BG so I can stop there on the way home. If you are going to have a payout for qualifiers I suggest you contact Rod Hendrickson. He would probably bring the Regal.

John: Glad to hear your health issues are behind you and am looking forward to seeing you at Noble next fall. I believe you will pleased with the results of the change in management of the track.

We'll get in contact with Rod Hendrickson and encourage him to come to Noble.

Phil Engle

Race is officially 10/11/14. $30 car entry, $20 spectator, $10 for kids. 8AM, qualifying starts at 9AM, Finals at 4PM. Times and payouts subject to change based on car count.

Last edited: