BUICK vs FORD Shootout Oct 28th!!!

1ARUNM

This year's Buick vs Ford shootout is October 28th at Thunder Valley Raceway Park in Noble Oklahoma.

For more information see link below.

http://www.okbuicks.com/ .....Scroll down page for shootout info.

Thanks,

Steve Emberton, Oklahoma Buick Preformance Club.

Buick/Ford Shootout-OK

To start the Texas list:
Mike Hogan-Austin--87 Grey TR (won $50 and my round last year).

Mike.

looks like we should have 5 fast cars going from out west. 9 sec. to 7 sec.! looking forward to it.

Ill definately be there. Dont think Ill bother running a 12 sec. buick though. Is it worth racing with an ET that high?

quicker6 said:
Ill definately be there. Dont think Ill bother running a 12 sec. buick though. Is it worth racing with an ET that high?

That would be a "yes". Bring it!

Dannyo

A couple more 12-second cars probably would have won the shootout for us.

Last year the score was 46-44 (I believe.) I know we lost by 2 points and that is only one race away from a tie.

Ok, I will. Anyone know where I can get a good local deal on slightly used 26" slicks mounted on proper wheels for our cars?? I've got to start tuning it out some... ;) Ill probably be testing the car at the track in a couple weeks :D

quicker6 said:
Ok, I will. Anyone know where I can get a good local deal on slightly used 26" slicks mounted on proper wheels for our cars?? I've got to start tuning it out some... ;) Ill probably be testing the car at the track in a couple weeks :D

so lucky you can race your car......... :(

TURBOV6 said:
so lucky you can race your car......... :(

I know I'm lucky that I can still race. I hope that Oahu will have a dragstrip soon for you all. I really miss the food though :(
:cool:

Come take a drag race vacation up here!!

Oooo, I sure could go for a Zip Min after work today... maybe I'll settle for some Ramen and a few pink hot dogs for flavor. :biggrin: I can't wait for the ferry to get up and running, cruise the other Islands and maybe make it to a track.

just copyied this off of the ok buick site-------------Most of you know by now that Josh Gill has stepped down as Race Director and there appears to be no one to take his place. After talking all week to many members who were at the Coit's meeting, I have decided to cancel the shootout for this year. It was a hard and disappointing decision to make. It is a tremendous amount of work and there simply is not enough committment by us, the club members, to make it happen this year.

It was not only a matter of volunteers to work the shootout, but only 12 people out of our large drawing of Oklahoma Buick racers could commit to race. We simply need more than that to put on the kind of quality show that has been done in the past. We talked among ourselves and decided it would be better to cancel now than to proceed and put on a poor quality event.

Perhaps we can get the shootout going again next year....or maybe not. It was a lot of fun over the eleven years we did it.

kathy

Had to be the year that I decide to move up here huh...that bites!! :( :( :(

Maybe we can have some type of alternative gathering on a normal track night at Noble??

Yes, it was reported that the shoot out is cancelled, but the club is still working on some recent developments and we hope to up date you soon. We have been talking to the events coordinator of the local Mustang club and they are very enthusiastic helping with the event and seeing that the Shootout is a success. :)

So, for now the Shootout is still in the works and has not been cancelled.

Steve Emberton
Oklahoma Buick Performance Club.

Great!!! There is still a glimmer of hope. I still need to locate some slicks though and trace a vacuum leak..... :confused: :)

Buick VS Ford Shootout is ON

Please disregard any postings that this event was canceled as propoganda by the Ford camp.

I want to solicite YOU, on behalf of the club, to come to OK for an awesome day of racing.

817-706-8658 or email jnguyensmu@gmail.com
Call or email ANYTIME, day or night.

We DO need help to beat up on the Fords as they are getting faster and faster every year!

Thanks, John Nguyen

PS Those of you who I have raced with at this shootout will be contacted shortly. but PLEASE shoot me a line somewhere so I make sure to have your contact information.