You can type here any text you want

build me a motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1fast6

So as some of you know this is my 1st turbo car. I came out of the sbc nos world.
What I am looking for is a high 10.8-11.2 car. My last car was a 9.9 car that was pretty much strip only. 112 octane and 3 mpg's sucked!
So I am looking for something with the stock gear that I can drive across the state if I want and still knock down a low 11 1/4 pass.

What's the best roller cam for these cars?

What size injectors with my te44 set up? Got 42# in it now. Will that get me there with a cam change, alky, and intake porting?
Thanks.
Jeff

I will give this a try. I don't know if the stock cam has been in the 10's but I think you have enough for low elevens with what you have. If you do get a cam 206/206 will be plenty. You don't need aftermarket heads, probably get some light bowl work, with new springs. If you don't have the alky, get it. It's a must. :) It's in the tune from there. I'm sure other's will chime in as well. :)

car I just sold made 503hp at the wheels. Stock block .030 over JE pistons. Stock rods and crank all balanced. Small 206/210 roller with stock rockers. Stock ported iron heads with stock valves. 83# inj, TE54 turbo, PTE stock location intercooler, stock headers. Razor's duel nozzle alky.Stock unported intake and plenum, and an older FAST.

Last year I had Weber build me a 109block with champion Irons,206-206 roller65inj.,TE-67 ,Iboxed my rear uppers and lowers and HR bar,stretch intrcooler,Razor and tweek chip.It did 11s out of the box and twisted driveshaft with no adjustments.

Last year I had Weber build me a 109block with champion Irons,206-206 roller65inj.,TE-67 ,Iboxed my rear uppers and lowers and HR bar,stretch intrcooler,Razor and tweek chip.It did 11s out of the box and twisted driveshaft with no adjustments.

How much boost were you running?

I was running 18#,my combo before that was TE-44,42 inj,stretch ,razor didnt get to a track just street nice combo.

I put an alky kit on mine a few weeks ago. Our combos seemed similar, just trying to get a feel of what mine might run.

New Turbo Tweek Chip
60lb Inj
Adjustable Fuel pressure Regulator
Front mount Precision intercooler "Precisions work well without upgraded fans"
RJC Power plate
stock heads: 3 way valve job w/ new 100# springs "no need to port if your not planing on running 10's"
214/214 cam
Built trans w/ PTC Converter
Alky kit

You might not need the trans but if it's not built it won't last long.
Cam: You don't really need it but if the heads are off might as well.
Pull the pan and check main bearings for detonation.

Back