Building a 400hp series 1

ducattiman

Eh all,,,this is my first post,,but i have been here for some time,,standing in the back reading all the post..Americian cars over here in europe r like ferrari's in north america (dam expensive)..At the monent i am building a v12 fiero,,,fiero.nl called Euro V12...but it is on hold because of lack of trans i want,,,now i have another fiero to play with....series 2 engine dont even ask there not here,,so all i have to play with is a v6 3800 series 1,,,can any one drop some idea's of what i can do to make my goals,,i have a few idea's of what to do,,but i might have missed a few things?

Thx

series 1 doesnt have much R&D. i think they even have a M62...thats a baby blower.
i know u can get a aftermarket cam grind for it, but i have no idea if theres any PCM tuning available for it. Ud hafta contact the community performance part companies and see if they even have programs available for them
basic things can be achieved such as porting manifolds( smoothing the ports), widening the throttle body. i dont think many people bother.
ill sell u a series 2 engine block/blower etc... , with wiring harness ecu/PCM, tranny for 2grand
its a 2000. with 64,000miles.

Originally posted by ducattiman
Eh all,,,this is my first post,,but i have been here for some time,,standing in the back reading all the post..Americian cars over here in europe r like ferrari's in north america (dam expensive)..At the monent i am building a v12 fiero,,,fiero.nl called Euro V12...but it is on hold because of lack of trans i want,,,now i have another fiero to play with....series 2 engine dont even ask there not here,,so all i have to play with is a v6 3800 series 1,,,can any one drop some idea's of what i can do to make my goals,,i have a few idea's of what to do,,but i might have missed a few things?

Thx

hey there, yeah I saw that thread...anythime I go bacck on pennock's I seem to always search for updates on that thread...more grease to you elbow if you can pull it off...I really don't know how much you are willing to spend but a S1 is really limited on aftermarket products... you can check WCF they built the only 400hp that is actually WHP I have known...meaning seen and driving...
NB: the blower won't support the power you are looking for so either you can it and turbocharge it or run a much more efficient kind of blower...the S1 is also built like a boat...this was before GM decided to reinvent themselves and stated using "plastic crap" on engines...lol!! Good luck!

Series 1 to series 2 differences

Well, the main difference between the 1 and 2 is that the series 1 has a 1 inch taller deck height. I haven't checked on whether they use the same intake manifold gaskets yet or not, if they use the same manifold gaskets(since silicone is used on the ends) , you could probably install a series 2 intake on it by fabricating some adapter plates to take up the space. Much like what engine builders do to use a standard Big Block Chevy intake on a tall deck Block instead of buying the special intake. Personally I prefer a taller deck of the series 1, they have a longer connecting rod for a better rod/stroke ratio!