Bumper / bumperette fitment

87we410877

Take a look at the pics. Is this just typical “I sell aftermarket parts that never fit right” or is there supposed to be a huge gap between the bottom of the bumper and the bumperette mounting tab?

Just want to know before I leave negative feedback on evilbay. Unbelievable that you literally cannot buy anything that fits or is right. Ever.

Attachments

• E51662AD-2A7C-41D8-A6CA-E71C7A27978A.jpeg
    E51662AD-2A7C-41D8-A6CA-E71C7A27978A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
  • D235EC2C-0080-4C9A-AA7F-A4F940D45E92.jpeg
    D235EC2C-0080-4C9A-AA7F-A4F940D45E92.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 153
  • A6B39CC8-CF84-4EE6-BBA0-D387A22C34A0.jpeg
    A6B39CC8-CF84-4EE6-BBA0-D387A22C34A0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 156
  • 03263E79-5909-494B-9947-9B20656E1155.jpeg
    03263E79-5909-494B-9947-9B20656E1155.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 147
To the best of my knowledge ....unless someone here can correct me! All these repo bumper parts come from the same place & are just sold by various vendors. Its not the ebay seller. Buying from elsewhere will be the exact same. Simply looking at your second pic shows the difference between oem & repo. What make no sense to me is how 30+ years technology has advanced & NO ONE can make weatherstrips like the originals. Must be cause they were made in Canada ;)

To the best of my knowledge ....unless someone here can correct me! All these repo bumper parts come from the same place & are just sold by various vendors. Its not the ebay seller. Buying from elsewhere will be the exact same. Simply looking at your second pic shows the difference between oem & repo. What make no sense to me is how 30+ years technology has advanced & NO ONE can make weatherstrips like the originals. Must be cause they were made in Canada ;)

Thanks! Funny thing is, both the bumper and support are goodmark. And they don’t even fit each other. Lol. I’ll make this work. Little heat a little cranking down is all. Thanks!

The bumper looks sooooo much better without those bumperettes.

Makes it a lot easier to wash too.

The fitment of the stock bumperettes was pretty marginal, those reproduction ones look worse. I agree with Earl, the bumpers look better without them.

Neal

The fitment of the stock bumperettes was pretty marginal, those reproduction ones look worse. I agree with Earl, the bumpers look better without them.

Neal

Yea well this is a factory Resto. Need to leave em on. The originals most definitely fit better. I have both. Even the rubber bumpers i bought dont fit right. The aftermarkets are square, the originals curve around the bottom of the bumperette. Going to happer them out too.

stop wasting your time with that aftermarket crap. send those goodmark bumperettes back. as noted, they are sold by many vendors and all come from the same place. the time to heat and splay them to fit like OE is not worth it. plus the chrome will probably crack and peel off in the process.

figuring you still have your original parts, why not have them redone? aftermarket stuff does not fit and the gauge of the steel may be thinner than OE. plenty of good chromers still around - just look in hemmings classifieds. i understand not wanting to ship a bumper but these guys are in your own backyard.
http://www.nassauchrome.com/

not withstanding how that aftermarket bumper fits, I'd get rid of that as well. OE parts fit and can be refinished in show chrome no problem - triple-plated chrome with a nickel base making a perfect finish on your OE parts. and no dicking around trying to make them fit afterwards.

you also have Astro in Bay Shore and Ace Metal in Long Island City as well. Nassau chrome has been around for like 90 years. stop by and check them out.

Ah, OK... have you contacted:

@Intercooled88s (Bob Hebert, in western MA) for all the cars he's dismantled, he must have some chrome bumpers, etc you'd like.

@dmcguire began to list a barn full of parts his father collected for decades earlier this year here

contact ebay sellers: incarnut (Bob Pederson in MI) and dphilip-us (Philip is in Bridgewater, MA)...both have a ton of stuff. Phillip has some good bumperettes listed now. link

maybe Jack Cotton (Agawam, MA) still has some trailers filled with OE take-off parts from cars converted to full race setups.

Bruce at Aggressive Performance in MI has plenty of take-off parts from race builds and salvage cars.

post in parts wanted? just ideas for sources that have worked well for me and others....

Ah, OK... have you contacted:

@Intercooled88s (Bob Hebert, in western MA) for all the cars he's dismantled, he must have some chrome bumpers, etc you'd like.

@dmcguire began to list a barn full of parts his father collected for decades earlier this year here

contact ebay sellers: incarnut (Bob Pederson in MI) and dphilip-us (Philip is in Bridgewater, MA)...both have a ton of stuff. Phillip has some good bumperettes listed now. link

maybe Jack Cotton (Agawam, MA) still has some trailers filled with OE take-off parts from cars converted to full race setups.

Bruce at Aggressive Performance in MI has plenty of take-off parts from race builds and salvage cars.

post in parts wanted? just ideas for sources that have worked well for me and others....

Ive already got most of what i need . But thanks! I will look them up when in need down the road