You can type here any text you want

Burnt fuel pump!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
voltage

you need to check for voltage at pump plug - tank dropped- :biggrin: if you have upgraded you wiring to the pump it should be very close to battery voltage with ignition on and engine not running and close to 12.8-13.5 voltage with engine running ..Good size feed wire or positive from the relay to the pump plug is needed - I use #8 for some people it might be an overkill but hey in wiring the bigger the better ..

Aren't you running the denso supra pump? I thought you needed some sort of different harness for the pump with a thicker wire to keep it from burning up? Are you running the right racetronix harness specifically for that supra pump? Or did you modify the other one with a thicker gauge wire? It was all detailed in the original thread

Hi guys, ive been fighting the low O2s for a while, and i just dropped the tank because i had checked all relays....ect. I have a hot wire kit, anyway i found that the ground wire that plugs to the top of the pump is completely burnt:eek:. This is scarey, the wire is melted, and the plug it self is melted. What can cause this, and how do i fix, also these are the number off the pump, can anyone tell me what it is? Freds Turbo said he install a XP, the #6442646...2360-187,or(107)

This is becoming a more common problem as the G7X fuel senders age.
SOLUTION:

This is becoming a more common problem as the G7X fuel senders age.
SOLUTION:
You should descriptively clarify your pic some of us rookies that have never had thier tank out of thier car may not know what were are looking at.

You should descriptively clarify your pic some of us rookies that have never had thier tank out of thier car may not know what were are looking at.

Click on the image which will take you to our web store were there is a full description.

Back