You can type here any text you want

bush nascar roller cam into a buick 4.1 v6?????

• Thread starter Thread starter nasty83regal
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
N

nasty83regal

i saw a bush nascar series roller cam for sell and wondered if it would work in my 4.1 regular block....since its probably for a stage block.......its new so no worries there..........but what will i need if it will fit? do i need a retrofit kit like the chevy sb's or is it basically a swap out of hydro cam and swap in the roller and roller lifters? of course made for this engine but will any roller lifters work since it doesnt come with any...??? just curious

thankx
brooks

NASCAR CAM??

BBBBZZZZTTTT! won't work! The stage cams have a different intake/exh valve location than the production engines....
Busch engines used solid roller lifters and as such will not work in a production block, either..:(
Reason being, they are not of the long body design, [KA shielded roller], and the oil galley holes will be fully exposed on high lift and the oil pressure will go AWAY!!!!
If you need a roller cam setup, buy it specifically for the production engine...;) ;)

Back