buying wheels for the GN!!!! NEED HELP!

Galto

I've had my GN for about 8 years and I can now finally afford to buy a new set of wheels. The problem is, I am having trouble picking the right ones. I guess I am looking for a style that falls in between drag and show. Something that looks both aggressive but doesn't look like the car is only a drag car. A couple of rims I have come up with are:

1) AR VN500- kind of a vintage look but I think will look good with the black inserts.

AR VN500.jpg

2) AR/Weld Torqlite- pretty cool looking rims

AR Torqlite.jpg

3) Simmons FR17/18- I am leaning towards these real hard. I want to see what a GN would look like with the inserts being Gun Metal as opposed to the black or polished.

Simmons FR17.jpg

Problem with the Simmons I have read is that they are no longer being made so they may be hard to get get. I really want to see how the Gun Metal would look on a GN. What do you guys think and what other wheels should I be looking at? I apologize for stealing some pictures of people's cars within this forum for my use :smile:.

While were here....what are some good tires that would give descent traction but wont have me replacing them 72 times a year.

Thanks in advance.

I would like those first runs in my 70 chevelle SS. It would be interesting to see what they would look like on a GN. They are expensive though... Last I checked they were about 600 each. Simmons were expensive too and even a used set if you can find them will be a lot of money. So don't expect cheap with those options. Opinions will be everywhere in tires too so I suggest you determine your wheel sizes first and go from there.

I've had my GN for about 8 years and I can now finally afford to buy a new set of wheels. The problem is, I am having trouble picking the right ones. I guess I am looking for a style that falls in between drag and show. Something that looks both aggressive but doesn't look like the car is only a drag car. A couple of rims I have come up with are:
QUOTE]
go with these. :: CRAGAR WHEELS :: Wheels ::

Attachments

• Cragar 500B783445.jpg
    Cragar 500B783445.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,058
ar vn500 like em!w/black inserts no one else has them on there GN and thats what i like.

IMO you can't really find any wheels better looking then the Simmons fr. The only prob is finding a set is nearly impossible and expect about 2k for a used set

IMO you can't really find any wheels better looking then the Simmons fr. The only prob is finding a set is nearly impossible and expect about 2k for a used set

Yea I know. I really wanted to see what a pair of FR17s in charcoal would look.

Simmons wheels are expected to go back into production this month. More information here: Tempe Tyres

Group A Wheels out of Phoenix were carrying them - you might want to call and see if they will carry them again.

They are a fantastic wheel on a TR.

Rob

The first wheel is an awesome wheel. I saw it in 18" on an older ElCamino. It is really nice. I don't really think that on a GN it would be that appropriate though. Not very period correct.
The second wheel is pretty nice too. Simple, sort of newer style drag racing look to it. Can't go wrong with a 5 star.
Third is one of the most elite wheels. Really nice. Like it was made for the GN. With a black center jaws will drop and people will drool, very similiar to Scot W's CCWs.
The last post of the LM5 CCWs seems to be very similiar to the Simmons and people LOVE John at CCW and he apparently knows his stuff and is a great guy to deal with.
Also DO NOT rule out Fiske FM5's with black center. They are in the top 3 wheels for our cars. You can see it in this link: Post pics of aftermarket or non Fuch style Porsche wheels on your 930 ! - Pelican Parts Technical BBS
OK get a napkin or tissue now (Hey Moderators=we need some newer and better smileys:eek:):

Attachments

• GN w Simmons wheels 060.jpg
    GN w Simmons wheels 060.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 986
  • GN w Simmons wheels 062.jpg
    GN w Simmons wheels 062.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 946
  • GN w Simmons wheels 063.jpg
    GN w Simmons wheels 063.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,018
I found some pics. Plus I threw in a pic of the baddest Riv I have ever seen.

Attachments

• IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 837
  • IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 819
  • IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 833
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 813
  • IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 832
Thank you for all the posts. All this information helps out a lot. Those CCWs do look very similar to the Simmons.

What do you guys think about the CCW Classics with the charcoal grey centers? I have seen them a few times and I like that they are different.

The worst part about picking wheels is having to pick ONE style, haha. Good luck. :)

I'm thinking about painting mine a silver or gray for the spokes to look like the simmons wheels, but these are a lot cheaper $550 for all 4 from SLP.

4c6onkn

Thank you for all the posts. All this information helps out a lot. Those CCWs do look very similar to the Simmons.

What do you guys think about the CCW Classics with the charcoal grey centers? I have seen them a few times and I like that they are different.

Like scot.ws? They look good for sure! Ima get me those lm5s tho :biggrin:

I agree you cant beat the 5 star wheels. I like the 2nd pair myself.. But i also like to wheels on scotts s car.. like a newer GNX style wheel!!! Def waaaaay to many nice wheels out ther.. jus gotta pick one and go with it!!! can go on for months maybe evena yr and not see every kind of wheel out there!! Whatever you choose im sure will look sweet!!! Good luck.. and post em up when you get em!!!