You can type here any text you want

california t type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1986TR

"EVIL RGL"
thinkining of putting this up for sale,its an 87 t type i saved it the previous owner was going to part it out it was damaged on the front end i had to cut right front frame section and weld in new piece also when it was towed from accident the tow people jaked the car up from the floor pan on both sides so in the back seat where youre feet would go the floor is boubled up.you can se the jack inprint from under car.the owner was the original owner and had seat covers all its life i reomoved them and interior looks clean and its all stock ac stiil worked before i took the front end off i havent recharged it with freon but i will if i keep it. the best fix would have been to replace frame but i did not...its got a salvage title so the question is HOW MUTCH IS A FAIR PRICE i want some input from some of the veterans here or should i part it out?

Attachments

• DSC00043.jpg
    DSC00043.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 896
  • DSC00044.jpg
    DSC00044.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 889
  • DSC00045.jpg
    DSC00045.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 891
  • DSC00046.jpg
    DSC00046.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 889
  • DSC00047.jpg
    DSC00047.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 887
The frame repair and salvage title are no help for you. Actually, I know of a shop in Rancho Cucamonga that has done entire frame replacements, but in this case with the floorpan being damaged as you describe you'd be in for an uphill battle.

If you choose to part it out, I will take both the front fenders and the cornering lamps off your hands. Or, just the cornering lamps will be fine and I'll come pick them up if you're in Southern Cal. :) I'd be interested in both headlight bezels too if you decide to go that route. Oh, and the taillights, too! And the scanmaster sitting in the radio hole. And the EGR cover. And all the wide rocker panel trim on both sides. Geez, why don't I just bring my checkbook and a shopping list...

Please keep us informed, and good luck!

By the way, one other thing: someone put Limited badges on the rear quarterpanels below the "REGAL" emblems, and the car is not a Limited. As a matter of fact, none of the exterior emblems on the car are in the right place which implies a complete repaint.

Dont part it out! Just sell it whole for a fare price to someone who could give it a good home and put it back to it's past glory!!! There are a million frames out there to swap it onto! Floor is an easy fix!

The car looks fine. Salvage title and frame damage precludes you selling the car to a "collector". Luckily for you, there are a lot of guys who just want a car that they can play with so the title is irrelevant and the frame if it's been fixed right should be no big deal.

I don't know that I'd part the car. It looks to be in decent shape. I think if you look at what comparable TR's are selling for and the allow for the "faults" you should be able to get a reasonable price for it...

thanks for input.i have a gn parts car witha nice frame i was going to swap out. the floor i dont think would be to hard to repair.i think this would be a nice drag strip warrior car for some one who does not want to mess up their mint GN. is this not a limited? the rear quarter emblems werer probably put after i was repainted but how about all the crome lower moldings..the rpo tag is missing in the trunk...is there one behind rear seat?:biggrin:

heres the frame repair the way the car was hit just bent up the right tip of frame the radiator,condense,hood were not damaged:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC00048.jpg
    DSC00048.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 853
i did replace core support,header panel, grill,right fender,bumper:biggrin:

thanks for input.i have a gn parts car witha nice frame i was going to swap out. the floor i dont think would be to hard to repair.i think this would be a nice drag strip warrior car for some one who does not want to mess up their mint GN. is this not a limited? the rear quarter emblems werer probably put after i was repainted but how about all the crome lower moldings..the rpo tag is missing in the trunk...is there one behind rear seat?:biggrin:

What is the VIN number?

Where in SoCal are you located? How much are you looking to get for it? I'm in need of a daily driver, and this looks to be what would fit the bill.

iam in bell gardens,i dont have a price for it yet i was hoping some of this guys would kinda give me an idea what is a resonable asking price for it......i got about 4000 into it!!!!:biggrin:

Not a Limited! It would have an M in the VIN number if it was! Good luck on the sale! Dont part it out.

no i dont think i will part it thats the reason i saved it when it was damaged :biggrin: i still havent heard any input on what what you guys think its worth:biggrin:

The max that I would pay...whats the condition of the title? Clear? Salvage?

Back