You can type here any text you want

Cam comments!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
Wasn't going to change the cam on my current setup (only a few hundred miles on motor since complete rebuild) but some 87 octane slipped in while I wasn't watching and the first hint of boost was the straw that broke the camels back! Even 14 psi is too much apperently for 87 octane. Was goiung to E-town and needed just enough to get there to fill up with 112.I didn't know it was 87 until I found the reciept the next morning 1.89 seemed cheap for 93 octane I thought :mad:

Here's the plan: Heads going to Webber for an o-ring job, going back on with GM gaskets(recommended) and studs. A/c has been removed and heater only box installed, delete pulley on it's way, battery going to spare tire cubby and 8-point bar will be ordered shortly, Aeromotive A1000 external pump will be added also.

My combo:

SG1/109 block bored .030 fitted with GN J&E's(brings comp. to approx. 8.9to1 with TTA heads), TTA heads(ported, polished, big valves installed, valves unshrouded), Port matched intake(EGR milled and filled), Reconditioned rods with ARP rod cap bolts, Stock caps with ARP studs, modded front cover, MSD 50lb/hr injectors, Walbro 340 hotwired, Volt booster, Turbo tweak chip, stock maf, Billet afpr, ATR 3in. DP, 3in catback exhaust, Spohn LCA's and torque arm, Global west SFC's, SCanmaster, boost and knock gauges, CPT-65 BB(.63), 2500stall D5 12".

After researching cams from all manufacturers including 200/200 and 210/205 Lunati, 206/206 and 212/212 Comp, 208/208 and 214/214 Erson, and 204/214 Speed Pro, I've decided on the 212/206 webber cam with GM lifters and the above combo.

Has anyone ran this cam and what are your impressions of it......

That cam should be good. Or the 210/210 is a good one too. I know a few guys with the 210/210 roller and they love it. Great street/strip cam.

Well the car has to run in the 11's before it needs a bar :eek:

hehe :D

Per the recommendations of Bill at Champion to me, stay with a straight up pattern. 206/206, 212/21, 218/218 etc...

212/212 did me good on my last TTA. Next time, 212/212 roller ;)

Whats wrong with a walbro 340?

Lastly.. no o-ring with GM gaskets.. one or the other.

Not to sure the 340 is in there! I paid to have it done about 22 months ago(no garage at the time), but aint sure it's in there. Figured I used the 340 as as extra wiggle room and let the aeromotive do most of the job.....

Spoke with webber they recommend stock gaskets while o-ringing. I asked about felpro and he said just go with the stockers there are guys running like that for a long time with no problems.

I've noticed you ran a 212. How was your brakes and whose 212 was it. I'ved noticed very different LSA's and CL's with different manufacturers. Comp 206/206 is on a 112* lsa and wbber's 206 is on a 110* LSA. The stocker is a 107* I believe. My current cam is a 108* LSA and the vaccum sucks(218*cam).It would be nice to have decent brakes at least once.....I could pull no more than 10in. @ say 2000rpm and 6in. at idle(875-925rpms). I'd throw in a stocker if someone had a new one.

Nothing looks bad have the head off already I should just throw a stocker on and set her up again, but the cam is coming out regardless so throwing a new gasket on there isn't a big rush....I have to many other things going on, and it's really not to safe on repeated stopping with the current cam....

I have a A1000 pump with about 20 miles on it. I'm stepping up to the Eleminator pump. Your combo will be able to push a 340 to or past its limits (assuming your going to step up the injector size). If your interested in the pump let me know.

Jason

PM me what you want for it. Ordered everything else so far pump will be last.....

Have you ran the pump? What gauge wiring and relay were you using. I figure 10 wire with a 30 amp relay should be enough.

I ran the pump for a few miles on the street before the nats last year. Also a few miles the fall before . It has about 6 passes and about 20 or so miles of driving on it. I ran it with a #10 wire and a 30 amp automotive relay.

Jason

Postal your mailbox is full! I'll let you know Friday. Cam, lifters and HG's broke my piggy bank this week!

Have to factor in the fmic and see what I have to play with.......

Back