You can type here any text you want

cam experts , measuring lift in car ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tttype

am looking for a worn lobe.
Put dial indicator on pushrod end of roller rocker, didnt get consistant readings due to arc rocker takes.
Tried indicating off retainer, inconsistant readings.

Car has not run for a couple days, will lifters that were under presure for few days act differently than ones that valves were closed ?
Making manually turning engine over & trying to measure lift not consistant ?

Any advice welcome.

Trying to find why engine stumbles at 4500 rpm.

Thanks

Put your DI on the retainer next to the valve, that should give you consistant readings. How old are the valve springs, you may have a weak spring.

i can further explain it in (american) english but can not "translate" what it already is sorry

springs are 6 month old, about 300 miles, CC980's
setup indicator ,bump with starter until valve starts opening, at peak lift, zero indicator & turn over crank by hand till movement is finished. measure movement

But are some lifters more solid than others due to sitting for awhile ?
so readings may differ ?

I don't think you can do it with hydraulic lifters. The springs will colapse the lifters. Your best bet is to take the intake off and take your readings off the lifter.

If you have solids, then the above doesn't apply.

BTW: what are your symptoms?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

i can further explain it in (american) english but can not "translate" what it already is sorry

confused-smiley-013.gif
confused-smiley-014.gif

brett

I would expect more from such a repuatable buissness owner especialy since you were going to get mine

Business owner? Your ignorance is growing faster then ur brain.

I'm sure the world will surely loose sleep over ur catastrophic decision. I really wonder how anyone will get thru the day tomorrow.

Do you really think anyone gives a rats azz where or who you do business with? Stop by the mall and pick up a Rosetta Stone...:rolleyes:

stutters at 4500 - 5000 rpm

ok, lets all focus now !

Am trying to find why engine stops revving at 4500 rpm, lags there for a while, stutters a bit, then slowly pulls through to 5200 rpm shift.
Does this at wot or light throttle.

pulled intake off today, no dished lifters, didnt measure lobes, but all look ok.

Need to keep searching for a solution.

I believe he said just what Billy said - not everybody here is from the USA/English speaking and one might confuse links to vendors in one's signature as a representative of that business. Might want to think about that before getting aggressive with a potential customer.

So the car basically falls on its face at 4500? What are your O2's?

I don't think you can do it with hydraulic lifters. The springs will colapse the lifters. Your best bet is to take the intake off and take your readings off the lifter.

If you have solids, then the above doesn't apply.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Correct... just went thru this... if you remove the rocker shafts, you can meaure it at the rocker end of the pushrod but it's a pita.... required me to sort of 'support' the pushrod/dial indicator setup while my wife turned the motor over with a ratchet (spark plugs out)..... :wink:

gnBrett and turboDave should be good buddies (isnt that cute ?) ps read the name (yes mine)
blown&injected thanx for the intuitive understanding
tttype ur stutter might be better related to a fuel or even more so electrical ignition problem not mechanical (cam & lifter -timing chain -crank trigger) like u are after???? just a thought and my last 2cents good luck

Do you have a way to read fuel pressure when it studders? Could be pressure/volume issues.

Thadeal, you are stepping on the toes of a lot of senior members of this community that you may someday need their advice. When addressing the community, please remember that not everyone speaks slang or knows text abbreviations. BTW, your post was very hard to understand......are you l livs4gnz little brother?

BTW, your post was very hard to understand......are you l livs4gnz little brother?

Ouch, eyepoke.

Fueling sounds like a very good possibility. Does it do that when not in boost?

ok, lets all focus now !

Am trying to find why engine stops revving at 4500 rpm, lags there for a while, stutters a bit, then slowly pulls through to 5200 rpm shift.
Does this at wot or light throttle.

pulled intake off today, no dished lifters, didnt measure lobes, but all look ok.

Need to keep searching for a solution.

Here is 15 pages of the same question on a hybryd that still has no resolution but lots of ideas for you!

More module problems?? code 42 - TurboBuicks.com

dabigguy wow is there a simile (not smiley face) in our names o just a thought for your slang? hyd= hydraulic,2= two and
ps ebonics is a recognized language (lol)=im laughing out loud at you

Back