You can type here any text you want

cam experts , measuring lift in car ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Without a data log we are all shooting blind. The problem could be many things. Does it stumble with no load/light load? What gear? Compression test ok? Fp when it stumbles ok? Fuel injection timing ok?

i can further explain it in (american) english but can not "translate" what it already is sorry

Could you use some punctuation? I am sure your posts would go over better with a couple of well placed Periods. :cool:

Anytime I have had a lobe worn enough to affect performance I could visually see the difference in lift.

I would look and make sure your coilpack doesn't have a dead spot in rpm curve. Use one of Casper's testers on it and vary is slowly through the rpm curve.

S.

stuttering at 4500

Even accelerating at light load , still hovers @ 4500, stutters & slowly revs past.
Shouldnt need much fuel at only 1/4 throttle.
Fuel pres. looks good during problem area.

coil pack & module test ok, but am switching out tomorrow anyway.

Included a zipped powerlogger file, 3rd gear really shows the hesitation at 4500 rpm.

Attachments

Let me ask an off the wall question. How's your coil pack/module mounted and grounded?

Coil/mod is mounted on stock plate, only moved forward 1"
Asked ( in another thread ) if it was a good idea to add a frame ground wire to bolt on bottom of module , just as insurance.
Never got any good replies.

Coil/mod is mounted on stock plate, only moved forward 1"
Asked ( in another thread ) if it was a good idea to add a frame ground wire to bolt on bottom of module , just as insurance.
Never got any good replies.

YES it is!! I replied along with someone else to another thread a day ago maybe 2 days. ground it to the frame or engine or firewall but YES ground it. Also file down the paint/powder coat etc. off the bracket where the bolt goes to make sure its a good contact. You may be surprised how it helps.

Steve, you get my vote...

Replace the coil pack and see if this doesn't end your problem. If it is old there is a good chance it's come to the end of its design life (being 20 plus).
BTW, mine did the exact thing, new coils ended the stumbling.
Clean up the connections and repack w/dialectic grease & you can't have too many ground paths.

Back