You can type here any text you want

Cam or no cam?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scojack_2001

Livin' Like A Refugee
Im planning on going to ported irons at some point over the winter. Nothing fancy, just handported 8445s with stock valves and good springs. Now Im considering doing a cam as well. Ive been back and forth with this in my head and with several local MAGNA members.

My question is this. With my (assumed) original motor having 115k on it, would it be worth it, or even wise; to cam it? Im not looking to do a full roller setup, as that isnt in the budget. That'll have to wait till I can do a new bottom end.

Car runs good for what it is, and Im still trying to figure some things out with the tune; but overall its running well. Been running consistent 12.2-4s on the street tires in the 113-114 range. Have a few issues to deal with as well.

Any opinions and advice welcome.

Thanks,

Scott

mileage means little. detonation could destroy an engine in 2 seconds. I vote to do both

mileage means little. detonation could destroy an engine in 2 seconds. I vote to do both

Hmmm. Currently its not detonating. Sometimes on a hard shift or if the tires break loose. Can send current PL files if you like.

Im thinking a 206/206 flat tappet? Something simple and reliable for a street GN that'll work with my setup.

Thanks Bison.

Cam

The 210-215 is also good as well as the 206-206 either way you cant go wrong try and find GM oem lifters they worked well and were quite!!! Prime motor with hand drill make sure use zdp and mobil delvac 10-30!! Good luck:tongue:

Back