cam question

Super6

i have an old atr 212/206. i am wanting to send the cam to Dan at DLS to get his cam retainer as i am using the brass piece against the block and a spring loaded cam button. my question is could i run solid roller lifters with this cam or do i need to get another cam? i am running the 885 lifters now. i don't drive the car much and would like to have a little more rpm if i needed it:D got a couple V-8's with the little blue bottle in town i want to touch up good.............thanks Bob

i'll put it to the top one time:) .........................................Bob

If the car is not a daily driver and you believe it worth something ...then yes it can be done. You will need the correct lifters for a 109 block (shielded foot) And even so you still have to do you math and make sure that the oil lifter holes dont get uncovered..even with the correct lifters.

Now when you call Dan hes not going to reccomend you do this.

I ran my S2 motor with solid lifters and hyd roller cam shifted at 7k no issues.

Thanks Louie

That is the kind of info i was looking for.i will stay with what i have then. i don't have an accurate tach (stock tach)on the car now but it was spinning pretty good at the end(at least 6k) the couple of times i took it to the track. going to get a good tach when everything is done and go from there. good luck with your turbo v-8...motor looks awesome and that turbo is BIG:eek: thanks again..........Bob

Actually, ive been running a 210/210 with solid lifters for a few years. I set the lash to about .007 and check it once in a while. It actually makes the cam a bit smaller. The only issues i have is the lash getting smaller as the valves start pounding in to the seats of the stock heads. I bent a valve when a hydraulic lifter pumped up for now apparent reason, so i decided to stay away from hyraulics after that. TA performance sells crower lifters that you can run up to 600 lift without worrying about the oil gallery being uncovered. However they do not have pressure fed bearings in the rollers, neiher do the cranes.

Thanks Norbs, i guess i will stick with what i have for now. it seems to be doing it's job...still waiting on my trans:( and now i am going to a 4 bolt 70..i'm going to be done with this thing one day...probably not:D ......Bob

885 Hyd roller lifters are good to at least 6700. How high do you want to spin it? Jason White just went 9.57 with Hyd Roller lifters.

Sully

885 Hyd roller lifters are good to at least 6700. How high do you want to spin it? Jason White just went 9.57 with Hyd Roller lifters.

Sully

Just would like to be able to pull to 7k everynow and then..........thanks Bob