You can type here any text you want

Cam question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hotrodbuick

Took the cam out of my motor today and it is a hydraulic cam. The question I have is that on the front of the cam it has the thrust washer bolted to the block holding the cam in but it also has the button on the front. Do you need both? I thought you only needed the button when running a roller cam? Because the button wore a pretty good size groove into my timing cover.

20120826_150955.jpg
20120826_151032.jpg
20120826_151056.jpg

i should be ripping apart the outher engine in a few days i will let u know what it looks like i cant really remember if it had the thrust washer or not..

Wear on the front cover is normal. I have seen very few covers that didn't have a nice round groove. I have seen alot of covers.

pulled that outher engine apart and does have a button lots of grooves but no thrust washer mine came right out after i took off the timeing chain .....cam was shot and the lifters

Thanks for the replies. So the groove is normal and supposed to have the button. Still wondering why it has both on mine. Hmmm

Back